DaDa (known as DaDaABC prior to June 2018) is a global online education company headquartered in Shanghai, China. The DaDa platform provides children with live one-on-one lessons taught by English teachers, operating through the flipped classroom model and utilizing blended learning strategies. The foundation of the DaDa curriculum is formed in partnerships with various United States academic publishers.
The startup was founded in April 2013 by Grace Zhi and Dennis Lee. DaDa received early investments from the Qingsong Fund, Feima Fund, Dragonrise Capital, Oriental Fortune Capital, and Yonghua Capital, and most recently DaDa received a $100 million investment in series C funding from Tiger Global Management and TAL Education.
In December 2017 DaDa entered into a partnership agreement with McGraw Hill Education adding to a previous partnership with Pearson Education established in October of the same year. Though largely focused on teaching ESL to Chinese students, in 2017 DaDa launched classes for students studying French and Spanish. DaDa launched the DaDaBaby platform in the same month to teach English to children younger than 6 years old.
More than 100,000 students take weekly lessons on the DaDa platform taught by more than 10,000 teachers around the world.
- GmbH, finanzen.net. "Global Edtech Investments Shatter Records in the First Half of 2018 | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2018-11-01.
- "English e-learning booming in China". www.aljazeera.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "K-12 Dealmaking: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Partners With Renaissance". 2018-04-09.
- "DaDa | Crunchbase". Crunchbase. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- "Tiger Global And TAL Education Join $100M Round In Chinese English Education Platform DadaABC – China Money Network". www.chinamoneynetwork.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "China: English education platform DadaABC secures $100m funding". DealStreetAsia. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "A Pair of Chinese Online Tutoring Companies Each Raised $100M+ Funding Rounds - EdSurge News". EdSurge. 2018-01-10. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "K-12 Dealmaking: Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Partners With Renaissance - Market Brief". Market Brief. 2018-04-09. Retrieved 2018-10-08.
- GmbH, finanzen.net. "DaDaABC Launches the New Program with Pearson Education to Cultivate Talents for the New Era | Markets Insider". markets.businessinsider.com. Retrieved 2018-09-25.
- Jones, Lily. "Teaching After Hours: The Rise Of International Online Teaching". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
This article "DaDa (school)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:DaDa (school). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.