Portrait of Daddy Hezekiah
|🎓 Alma mater||University of Zambia|
Founder of the Living Christ Mission
|Honors||Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR)|
Daddy Hezekiah (born October 11) is a renowned Nigerian Christian clergy and philanthropist. He is the founder and leader, Living Christ Mission Inc., and Chancellor, Hezekiah University, Umudi, Nigeria. Daddy Hezekiah is the builder of two magnificent temples at the headquarters of Living Christ Mission Inc., both with capacities of 75,000 (Onitsha, Anambra State) and 55,000 (Nkwerre, Imo State), respectively.
Since the creation of man, besides the gift of Jesus Christ the Saviour, there has not been any other rare and unique gift to mankind except Daddy Hezekiah. The uniqueness of Daddy Hezekiah is beyond human comprehension. In all respect and conditions His Grace, The Most Rev. Prof. Daddy Hezekiah, he stands out as a personality with rare qualities representative of God Almighty on earth, holy, consecrated, unassuming, resolute, an anointed prophet and Oracle of God of the first order.
A renowned philanthropist, personality, highly honoured, recongnized and sought after by all men of goodwill from all walks of life. Aside from being a man of God, his compassion and mercy are matchless. He is a beacon of hope and a reliable compass to believers in a world gone adrift. Born to the family of Late Nze Amadi Obadiah Onukogu, a lay magistrate and London trained police officer, and Madam Mary Onukogu (Nee Okanu), both of Umulowe Umugara Nkwerre in Nkwerre Local Government Area, Imo State, Nigeria.
Daddy Hezekiah attended Township School, Port Harcourt, Rivers State; St. Paul’s Central School Nkwerre, Imo State; St. Augustine’s Grammar School, Nkwerre, Imo State and University of Zambia, Lusaka and graduated with the following certifications:
- 1964 - First School Leaving Certificate (FSLC).
- 1971 - West Africa School Certificate (WASC).
- 1973 - Higher School Certificate (HSC).
- 1979 - B.Sc. (Hons) in Industrial Chemistry, University of Zambia, Lusaka.
- 1993 - Doctor of Divinity (D.D).
- 1997 - Diploma in Business Administration.
- 1997 - Ph.D. in Business Administration.
- 1997 - Ph.D. in Public Administration.
- 2002 - Ph.D. in Communication Arts & Public Administration.
- 2005 - Professor in Theology.
- 2006 - Professor of Philosophy in Human Development.
The personality, greatness and exploits of Daddy Hezekiah did not happen magically. It was an ordered event by the Lord and played out according to the timing and regulation of God Almighty. While in Zambia as an undergraduate of Industrial Chemistry, he was the Chairman, University of Zambia Christian Fellowship, a post he held to his final year and therefore created the record of being the first foreign student to hold such post and even held it to his final year. Still as a student, he converted lecturers and his fellow students especially those from North Africa who believed so much in magic and occultic powers.
Before returning to Nigeria, in November, 1979, the young Victor Onukogu, as was known was addressed then was invited to the Zambian State House by then President His Excellency, Dr. Kenneth Kaunda, where Daddy Hezekiah (Victor Onukogu) prayed for him, his cabinet and the entire Zambia nation. The president could not contain his emotions and love for the young Nigerian graduate and he advised him thus “Victor, this good thing you brought to my country, I urge you to take it back to Nigeria”. Daddy had plum job offers in Zambia, but as a patriotic Nigerian, he was bent on returning home.
In 1980, he returned to Nigeria and was posted to Inland Girls’ Secondary School, Onitsha, Anambra State for the one-year mandatory National Youth Service Corps Scheme (NYSC). There, he prayed and raised the dead, cured all manner of diseases. He destroyed charms, shrines, and deadly gods and goddesses. He cancelled bad destinies. In 1983, he founded Living Christ Mission Inc. worldwide and it was incorporated in 1985.
Notable Spiritual Activities
- As a student of the University of Zambia, the Lord used him to revive the Students’ Christian Fellowship and in 1980, he prayed for and blessed the former Zambian President, Dr. Kenneth Kaunda and his cabinet.
- In 1983, on return to Nigeria, the Most High God of all creation used him to found one of the fastest growing churches in the world today, Living Christ Mission Inc. with branches and fellowship centres all over the world.
- The Most Rev. Prof. Daddy Hezekiah has proved the reality of the Trinity, that is, God the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit, through the numerous signs, miracles and wonders, which he performs in the name of Jesus Christ. One outstanding feature of Daddy Hezekiah is that despite his height in God and feat, he is very humble. Of a truth, many people love and admire him because of his humility, simplicity, frankness, openness and honesty.
- At the name of Jesus Christ, Daddy Hezekiah without the use of candles, incense or sacrifice raised many people from the dead. The list of people he has raised from the dead is endless and in recent times, in distances far from his physical reach, he raises them by instructing that a cell phone (handset) be placed on their ears. In continuation other outstanding spiritual achievements of His Grace, The Most Rev. Prof. Daddy Hezekiah, are listed below:
* Made the lame to walk, the blind to see, the dumb to speak, the deaf to hear. * Restored sanity in many mad people. * Cured incurable diseases e.g Cancer and AIDS. * Stopped the rain or caused it to rain at will. * Destroyed many powerful shrines, charms, gods and goddesses. * Casts out demons, broke evil and unclean covenants people have with mermaid, Lucifer the devil, secret societies and other agents of darkness. * Through powerful prayers and preaching the undiluted word of God, Daddy Hezekiah has been leading multitude of people to Christ. * According to the perfect will of God, Daddy Hezekiah has been prophesying some events accurately to the world before they occur. For example, he prophesied that His Excellences, Olusegun Obasanjo, Donald Trump, and Owelle Rochas Okorocha, would win elections and they all came to pass, respectively. * Provided spiritual assistance, moral, financial and physiological prayers and uncommon encouragements for governments and peoples of the world. * Performed surgical operations on sick people in the dream and when they woke up, they were healed. * Rescued people from danger in dreams.
In April 2002, Daddy Hezekiah donated the sum of Thirty Thousand U.S. Dollars ($30,000) to the United States of America in the wake of the September 2001 terrorist attack on the country. He also donated the sum of 20,000 U.S. Dollars to Israeli government in their fight against terrorism.
He refurbished (Isiokwe Police Station) in Onitsha, Onitsha North Local Government Area, Anambra State and handed same over to the Nigerian Police in 1999. Equally, he made the highest financial contribution for the rebuilding of a mosque shattered by bomb blast in Onitsha, Anambra State of Nigeria. He also made the highest donation for the building of the International Ecumenical Centre, in Abuja, Federal Capital Territory, during President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration.
In April 2000, he refurbished the Nigerian Union of Journalists (NUJ) Press Centre, Owerri, Imo State, which is named after him. Daddy Hezekiah runs a scholarship scheme that carries over one thousand people (1,000) every year from primary to university and even to doctoral degree levels. Scores of widows have had houses built for them free of charge by Daddy Hezekiah and other less privileged persons have received care and many have had their medical bills paid for them in several hospitals in Nigeria and beyond by Daddy Hezekiah with bills running into millions of naira. He built two great temples of 75,000 seating capacity in Onitsha, Anambra State and 55,000 seating capacity in Nkwerre, Imo State, singlehandedly. The third one, 45,000 seating capacity is under construction in Owerri, Imo State.
He also established Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State, without receiving foreign, state or local aids. He further set historical precedence when he awarded the first set of students at the University a scholarship of N100,000 each, while the 2nd sets of students N80,000 and 3rd set N65,000 respectively.
Daddy Hezekiah also rebuilt and remodeled the Department of Political Science, University of Nigeria, Nsukka to the tune of about N15,000,000 (fifteen million naira), in addition to the scholarship awarded to some indigent non-members of Living Christ Mission studying at the University.
Institutions and Organizations founded
- Living Christ Nursery and Primary School, Nkwerre, Imo State.
- Living Christ Nursery and Primary School, Onitsha, Anambra State.
- Living Christ Nursery and Primary School, Owerri, Imo State.
- Hezekiah University, Umudi, Imo State, South East Nigeria.
- Nigerian Union of Journalist (NUJ), Living Christ Mission Chapel.
- Nigerian Red Cross Society of Living Christ Mission.
- Man O’ War Bay Hez Unit of Living Christ Mission
- Boys Scout of Nigeria, 35th Onitsha Group of Living Christ Mission
- Nigerian Girl Guides Association 13th Onitsha Company of Living Christ Mission
- Boys and Girls Brigade 151st Onitsha Company of Living Christ Mission
Honours and Awards
Daddy Hezekiah has received awards, honours and investitures numbering over one thousand and notable among them are:
- Member of the Order of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (MFR), 14th February, 2008 by the Federal Government of Nigeria.
- Honoured Man of the Year IOM, LFIBA, DDG by the American Biographical Institute, June, 2003.
- The Greatest Living Legend by the International Biographical Centre, Cambridge, England.
- Noble Father of Nigerian Youths (NFNY) by the Nigeria Youth Organization on 26th October, 2003.
- Lion of the Tribe of Igbo (Odum Ebo Igbo) on 30th October, 2004.
- Paul Harris Fellow by Rotary Foundation International, 25th June, 2006.
- Ambassador for Peace by the International Peace Federation on 28th October, 2010.
- Justice for Peace (JP) by the United Nations POLAC Peace Organisation.
- The Greatest of Prophets by the Council of Igbo Christian Ministers on 11th October, 2015
- Anapi Mangaji Allah (The Prophet of the Most High God) by Northern Nigeria Traditional Rulers (Christian and Muslims) on 24th April, 2016.
- Patron for Ambassadors for Peace in Nigeria by the Universal Peace Federation International on 3rd September, 2016.
- Nigeria Horn Personality of the year by the Nigerian Horn Newspaper on 11th November, 2016, etc