Danger Close (film)
'Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan' is an upcoming Australian war film based on the true story of the Battle of Long Tan directed by Kriv Stenders and written by Stuart Beattie.. It stars Travis Fimmel as Major Harry Smith (Australian soldier) and Luke Bracey as Sergeant Bob Buick, and also features Richard Roxburgh as Brigadier David Jackson, Daniel Webber (actor) as Private Paul Large, Alexander England as WO2 Jack Kirby, Anthony Hayes (actor) as Lt. Col Colin Townsend, Nicholas Hamilton as Private Noel Grimes, and Emmy Dougall as Little Pattie.
Danger Close was produced by Martin Walsh (producer) who also produced the 2006 documentary The Battle of Long Tan narrated by Sam Worthington, and John Schwarz and Michael Schwarz who produced the Australian television mini-series Deadline Gallipoli.
Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan is scheduled to be released in Australia and New Zealand by Transmission Films in 2019 and is being sold throughout other major territories by Saboteur Media.
On the 18 August 1966, 108 young Australian and New Zealand soldiers led by Major Harry Smith (Australian soldier) portrayed by Travis Fimmel, fought an opposing force of approximately 1,500-2,500 North Vietnamese and Main Force Viet Cong soldiers in a South Vietnamese rubber plantation called Long Tan. With the supporting fire of Australian, New Zealand and United States artillery guns, a crucial ammunition resupply by two RAAF Bell UH-1 Iroquois choppers and the arrival of ten Australian Army M113 armored personnel carriers arriving just before sunset, Delta Company eventually defeated the numerically superior force. For Delta Company, 6th Battalion, Royal Australian Regiments gallantry in the battle, it received both the Presidential Unit Citation (United States) and Vietnam Presidential Unit Citation for gallantry. 18 Australians and more than 245+ Vietnamese were killed in this engagement.
- Travis Fimmel as Major Harry Smith
- Luke Bracey as Sergeant Bob Buick
- Richard Roxburgh as Brigadier David Jackson
- Daniel Webber (actor) as Private Paul Large
- Alexander England as WO2 Jack Kirby
- Anthony Hayes (actor) as Lt. Col Colin Townsend
- Nicholas Hamilton as Private Noel Grimes
- Emmy Dougall as Little Pattie
- Aaron Glenane as Captain Morrie Stanley
- Mojean Aria as 2LT Gordon Sharp
- Stephen Peacocke as LT Adrian Roberts
- Lasarus Ratuere as Corporal Buddy Lea
- Lincoln Lewis as Private Kevin Graham
- Matt Doran as Major Noel Ford
- Myles Pollard as Flight Lieutenant Frank Riley
- Ben Esler as Gunner Deacon
- Uli Latukefu as Bombadier Ray Ngatai
The 'Danger Close: The Battle of Long Tan' film was announced by its producers Martin Walsh (producer) and Michael Schwarz and writer Stuart Beattie alongside the Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk and star Travis Fimmel in Los Angeles on Tuesday, 27 February 2018. 
- "Danger Close: Travis Fimmel leads charge in new Vietnam War film". The Sydney Morning Herald. 26 June 2018.
- "Luke Bracey & Travis Fimmel Star in Epic Vietnam War Movie Danger Close Filming Now in Queensland". ausfilm. 18 May 2018.
- "Saboteur Media Brings Epic Vietnam War Story, "Danger Close" To Cannes". Shoot Online. 2 May 2018.
- "Wikipedia contributors. (2018, December 29). Battle of Long Tan. In Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Retrieved 12:25, February 5, 2019, from". Wikipedia.
- "Battle of Long Tan". Australian Government, Department of Veterans Affairs. Retrieved 5 February 2019.
- "Hollywood Vietnam War movie Danger Close to be filmed in Queensland, Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk says". The Courier Mail. 28 February 2018.
- "Long Tan veteran Harry Smith on hand with stories for the Hollywood actor set to portray him". ABC News. 2 March 2018.
- "Long Tan movie starring Vikings actor Travis Fimmel puts small Queensland town on the map". ABC News. 11 June 2018.
- "Major movie to be filmed in Queensland, with jobs for war veterans". Sydney Morning Herald. 28 February 2018.
Category:2019 films Category:Australian films Category:Films directed by Kriv Stenders Category:Australian screenwriters Category:Films set in 1966 Category:Films set in the 1960s Category:Films set in Vietnam Category:Vietnam War films Category:Films shot in Queensland Category:Films based on actual events
This article "Danger Close (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Danger Close (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.