|Born||May 30th 1991, New Jersey|
|🏳️ Nationality||United States|
|Founder and Chief Architect of Safex
Founder and CEO of BalkaneumSpokesperson of Xcalibra
Daniel Dabek is a programmer, software engineer and founder of Safex – a worldwide accessible marketplace for goods and services on its own blockchain. He started his career on Wall Street and became interested in crypto-assets and blockchain technology in the early days of Bitcoin. Today, he is a supporter and diplomat of the Free Republic of Liberland and its representative in Serbia.
Before starting the Safex project he worked for a Wall Street trading company where he became acquainted with electronic trading markets and business strategies. Later on, he began to consult for U.S.-based hedge funds where his work involved scientific computing, distributed price analysis modeling and prediction algorithm optimization. He has produced several trading execution algorithms and price following systems that are still in use today. Subsequently, his professional interest in cryptography led him to Bitcoin, and subsequently, MaidSafe and its SAFE network. After the original plan to launch his marketplace app on the MaidSafe protocol, he decided to build a sovereign blockchain for his project. Safex is a protocol built onto the Safex blockchain that will allow anyone to buy and sell goods and services without restrictions since it is a decentralized application. It is currently in the stagenet development phase of public testing and expected to launch this year. 
In 2016, Daniel Dabek founded the Safex project, in which he is currently serving as the Chief Architect. In 2017, he emigrated from California to Belgrade, Serbia, to be closer to Liberland, a micro-nation located on a small plot of land between Serbia and Croatia. In this year, he also was appointed as the representative of Liberland in Serbia. In 2018, he founded the open source software development company named Balkaneum. Amongst other projects, Balkaneum is the primary contributor towards the development of Safex.
He states that Balkaneum is formed because of enthusiastic professional people. The current team are each fanatical about the changes that are being brought because of blockchain and cryptocurrency and they see themselves as leaders in a more connected free world. Balkaneum is still hiring for open positions as of today.
Daniel Dabek also serves as the spokesperson for the cryptocurrency exchange Xcalibra that is currently based in the British Virgin Islands, United Kingdom. The exchange offers trading of Bitcoin, Ethereum, Safex Token, Safex Cash and Serbian Dinar. It also enables cryptocurrency purchase via credit card for several fiat currencies.
- S., L. "Daniel Dabek Developer @ Safex". Serbian Blockchain Summit. Retrieved 11 July 2020. line feed character in
|title=at position 13 (help)
- S., L. "Safex". Bitcoin Wednesday. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- S., L. "Safex Gears Up for Public Beta of Its Safe, Secure, Decentralized Marketplace". yahoo finance. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- S., L. "Daniel Dabek". GOLDEN. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- S., L. "Interview with Daniel Dabek, the CEO of Balkaneum". Balkaneum Medium. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- S., L. "DINAR PREPOZNAT KAO VALUTA KOJOM SE MOŽE TRGOVATI NA KRIPTO TRŽIŠTU". kamatica. Retrieved 11 July 2020.
- S., L. "From now on, cryptocurrencies can be bought with dinars". Diplomacy & Commerce. Retrieved 11 July 2020.