Dark Ascension (film)
|File:Welcome to Purgatory film poster.png|
|Directed by||Gene Fallaize|
|Produced by||Gene Fallaize|
Scott Spiegel (executive)
|Screenplay by||Gene Fallaize|
|Story by||Marcus Ako|
|Music by||Joseph Bennie|
|Edited by||Damian Knight|
Search Dark Ascension (film) on Amazon.
Dark Ascension is a 2017 action/fantasy film directed by Gene Fallaize, executive produced by Scott Spiegel, and starring Tara Reid, Brian Blessed, Nathan Jones, Paul Blackthorne, and Jillian Murray, along with Sean Young, Mackenzie Crook, Tony Cook and Serena Lorien.
It follows the story of a group of recently deceased who arrive in the afterlife amidst a great war between Heaven and Hell.
It is the first part of a trilogy of films, with the first one to be released in December 2017.
Three new arrivals in Purgatory must find their way around the afterlife with the help of St. Paul. Unfortunately for them, the gates separating heaven and hell have been broken, leaving the world of angels and demons in ruins. Soon, they are tasked with putting things right to avert a war between God’s celestial hosts and Satan’s devilish army.
- Paul Blackthorne as Willis
- Nathan Jones as Goroh
- Sean Young as Dana
- Brian Blessed as Guardian Paul
- Jillian Murray as Danni 
- Tony Cook as Taylor
- Serena Lorien as Nina
- Bruce Campbell as Man in Hawaiian Shirt
- Jack O'Halloran as Guardian Simon
- Georgina Sherrington as Skinny Shaitan
- Michael Parr
- Jeremy Sumpter as Luke
The film was shot at Pinewood Studios in London.
It was announced on June 18, 2015 that Paul Blackthorne would be joining the cast, starring as Willis.
- Tyson, Georgina (October 26, 2014). "Welcome to Purgatory announce brilliant new cast member at MCM London Comic Con". MCM Buzz. Retrieved February 26, 2015.
- Walkuski, Eric (11 August 2014). "Peter Stormare joins Bruce Campbell in Welcome to Purgatory". JoBlo.com. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- White, James (28 July 2014). "Bruce Campbell Says Welcome To Purgatory". Empire Online. Retrieved 18 December 2014.
- "Paul Blackthorne to Star in New Action Movie DARK ASCENSION". BWW Movies. Broadway World. 18 June 2015. Retrieved 18 June 2015.
- "Booming Brian Blessed to play a 'quiet angel'". Showbiz. Daily Express. 3 November 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Jillian Murray Lands Lead In 'Welcome to Purgatory'". Movies. Bloody Disgusting. June 16, 2015. Retrieved June 18, 2015.
|This article about a fantasy film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Dark Ascension (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dark Ascension (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.