November 18, 1979
Orange County, California
|🏡 Residence||San Francisco, California|
|🎓 Alma mater||University of California, San Francisco|
University of California, Berkeley
Kevin Rose (m. 2013)
Darya Rose (born November 18, 1979; nee Pino) is a weblogger, neuroscientist, and author. She is known as the founder of weblog Summer Tomato, and as a health & food contributor to The Huffington Post and other publications.
In 2011, TIME named Rose's weblog, Summer Tomato, one of "50 Websites That Make the Web Great."
Rose received a Ph.D. in neuroscience from University of California, San Francisco in 2010 and has a B.A. from UC Berkeley in Molecular and Cell Biology, with an emphasis in neurobiology. She received the IL Chaikoff award from the MCB department at Berkeley recognizing her honors work. She currently resides in San Francisco, California.
In 2013, she married tech magnate Kevin Rose.
Portland home purchase and demolition
On February 28, 2014, Pino and her husband Kevin Rose purchased an 1892 house at 1627 Northwest 32nd Avenue in the Willamette Heights area of Portland, Oregon. They removed the historic designation of the 122-year-old home and filed plans to demolish it. Some Portland residents responded with a petition ("Save the Rose House") to save the structure in an attempt to "preserve the history and character" of their neighborhood. On June 24, it was reported that the Roses had accepted an offer from long-time neighborhood residents to buy the house, although the deal hadn't been finalized.
- "Darya Pino, Ph.D". The Huffington Post. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "SF Weekly author page, Darya Pino". SF Weekly. Archived from the original on 30 January 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013. Unknown parameter
- "Articles by: Darya Pino". KQED-FM. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "50 Websites That Make the Web Great". TIME. 16 August 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Foodist: Using Real Food and Real Science to Lose Weight Without Dieting". HarperCollins. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "About Darya". 2009-02-24. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Twitter bio". Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Foodist: My first book coming May 2013". Darya Pino. 2013-03-26. Retrieved 2013-05-19.
- Njus, Elliot (June 19, 2014) "Google executive Kevin Rose buys, plans to demolish 1892 house in NW Portland." The Oregonian Live. (Retrieved 6-20-2014.)
- Duin, Steve (June 24, 2014). "Google Exec Kevin Rose Reportedly Changes Mind, Agrees to Sell Willamette Heights Property". The Oregonian. Retrieved June 28, 2014.
This article "Darya Rose" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Darya Rose. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.