Dato' Sri Melvin Loh Kok Man
Dato’ Sri Melvin Loh Kok Man (born 27 September, 1988 in Kuala Lumpur) has his root as a Huizhou-native Hakka Chinese, and is the eldest son of the family among his siblings. He is currently married with a daughter named Marianne Loh Hooi Sian. Graduated from Tunku Abdul Rahman College, he is the founder and managing director of LKM Group as well as Life Eternity Group. Besides, Dato’ Sri Melvin Loh also holds several positions including the President of The Chamber of Malaysian SME, Chairman of LKM Group Charity, President of Malaysian Jin Yong Novel Study Association and the Honorary President of the Malaysian Taoist Association.
In 2011, he was conferred the title of D.I.M.P at the young age of 24 by the Sultan of Pahang. Subsequently in 2015, he was awarded the honorary title of Dato’ Sri S.S.A.P by His Royal Highness the Sultan of Pahang.
His Life Motto
There is a Cantonese adage that calls for ‘the preparation for rainy days’, or to simply prepare for the worst. That is the life motto that Dato' Sri Melvin Loh lives by - he is constantly vigilant and often advises his friends and family to always have contingency plans, even during prosperous times. Being frugal and saving are beneficial habits to have, as a man is never happy for a thousand days, and a flower never blooms for a hundred days.
- Started learning direct marketing skills during his teenage from his teacher, which further reinforced his self-reliant resolve.
- Established his own tuition center in 2005 at the age of 17 in Kepong, Kuala Lumpur. However, he sold off the center later to repay a huge debt, as the consequence of being a loan guarantor.
- As a means of survival, he dabbled in the aquaculture industry and did all sorts of odd jobs and manual labour such as being a cargo handler and construction site worker. In 2008, the 20-year-old Dato’ Sri Melvin Loh decided to break into entrepreneurship again and established LKM Management Services Co. Ltd, which is known as LKM Group today.
- There are currently 9 companies under LKM Group, spanning across industries such as property development, construction, mining, sand mining, funeral services, plantation, and et cetera.
- Despite his wealth and success, Dato Sri Melvin Loh did not forget to give back to society. He dedicated his time to charity work, and founded the LKM Charity Foundation in 2014, which funds the education and medical expenses of low-income communities and individuals.
- He later took a step into the funeral industry and established Life Eternal Group in 2017, an organization that provides affordable bereavement services.
- Donated RM20,000 to the New Straits Times Charity for the surgical costs of two children with open-heart disease.
- Donated RM 5,000 to the Melaka Life Buddhist Center.
- Led LKM Group employees to visit a charitable organization at Taman Ikan Emas, Cheras. Besides donating and giving away ang pow, the employees of LKM Group celebrated an early Winter Solstice and Christmas with the elderly residing in the old folks home.
- Accepted the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise awareness for ALS, and donated RM10,000 to Sinchew Daily’s charity.
- Visited the Wujitun Hope Home for Children, and donated a year’s worth of daily necessities as well as provided a monthly donation of RM500 to the center.
- Donated 180 ang pows to the Selangor community center, to be distributed to 180 orphans and elderly.
- Donated RM10,000 to Chong Hwa Independent High School.
- Donated RM10,000 to SJK(C) Desa Jaya for the construction of the school’s new hall.
- Donated RM5,000 to SJK(C) Wangsa Maju.
- Prepared durians and fruits for 35 residents and volunteers of the Persatuan Rumah Caring Kajang in the name of Life Eternal Group.
This article "Dato' Sri Melvin Loh Kok Man" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dato' Sri Melvin Loh Kok Man. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.