David Bawiec in May 2013
|Birth name||David Bryan Bawiec|
|Born||July 11, 1985|
|Origin||Warsaw, Poland |
Los Angeles, CA, United States
|Occupation(s)||composer, music producer, songwriter, arranger and orchestrator|
|Instruments||Piano, keyboards, synthesizer|
David Bawiec (pronounced /bɒviːɛts/) (born July 11, 1985) is a composer, music producer, songwriter, arranger and orchestrator. He is most known for his work in film, TV, multimedia, theme parks, and pop music. Bawiec currently lives in Los Angeles, California.
Bawiec studied choral conducting at the Fryderyk Chopin University of Music in Warsaw, Poland, then attended Berklee College of Music in Boston. He graduated with a triple-major degree in Film Scoring, Contemporary Writing & Production, and Songwriting with a minor in Musical Theater Writing.
Bawiec's TV work includes composing music for NCIS (TV series), National Geographic Channel's Kingdom of the Oceans, Chemistry, Star Wars Galaxy of Adventures, Go! Go! Cory Carson, and Arrested Development Season 4.
He has also worked on music for various films including, Bhopal: A Prayer for Rain, You Have Changed My Life, and the Steven Schneider & Marcus Nispel horror film Exeter (Backmask). Bawiec also worked with William Ross on the 83rd Academy Awards (Oscars) Show.
In 2014 Bawiec wrote the Russian lullaby for John Wick starring Keanu Reaves. Titled "Night Is Dark Behind the Door", the song is sung by Michael Nyqvist's character Vigo in the film.
Bawiec has produced music for Maria Hentzel, Alex Hobbs, The Off Chance, and Witt Godden. In 2011, Bawiec produced a series of singles for American Idol contestant Alex Hobbs, including "Breakup Song" and a holiday single. In 2012 he produced the debut album Change for American pop-rock band The Off Chance and in 2013 produced the debut single "Old Brick Road" for American artist Witt Godden.
Bawiec worked with William Ross on Michael Bublé’s Christmas album and Jackie Evancho’s Dream with Me album.
He is the co-writer of mash-up group The Company Men's single "Standing Strong" which debuted on their #throwbackPOP album on October 22, 2014.
In January 2018 The Off Chance released their second EP titled Our Time Is Now, also produced by David Bawiec.
|2011||Warsaw Fashion Street||Composed the opening ceremony music of the international fashion show Warsaw Fashion Street hosted in Warsaw, Poland.|
|2012||Peepshow Las Vegas||Jerry Mitchell burlesque show which was the longest-running live show at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino.|
|2014||Raiponce et le Prince Aventurier||French family musical, opened in Paris in 2014. The show was nominated for a Molière Award (French equivalent of the Tony Award) in the Best Musical - Young Audience category.|
|2015||SIGNing The Song||Composed and produced the music for the one-man show starring William Martinez.|
|2016||You Have Changed My Life||Music producer, arranger/composer for th one-man presentation starting William Martinez that tours the educational market.|
|2017||Baking & Beyond||360 VR (Virtual Reality) Experience for experiential design and content company Inhance.|
|2019||Beauty From Ashes||Shane Grammer art exhibit in Paradise, CA.|
Bawiec is listed as a staff composer for the Polish Unplugged Orchestra. He was commissioned by the Singapore Symphony Orchestra in 2017 and 2018 to arrange songs for their annual holiday concerts.
Bawiec has written music for Energizer, Nike, Dr Pepper, Angel Soft, Hasbro, Knorr, Kinder Surprise, and Atlantis Resorts. He also co-wrote the logo music for the Carnival Cruise One Cruise Experience Access Network (OCEAN).
Bawiec has also written music for mobile apps, including a series of relaxation applications titled Windy, Sunny, Flowing, Away and Rainy. The apps have earned a cumulative 4.2 million downloads.
in 2014, he released his own album titled The Journey containing 12 previously unreleased tracks of his original music.
He is currently the Chair of the Music Technology Department at California College of Music, teaching Songwriting, Collaborative Songwriting, Music Technology, and Music Production. He also has lectured at the National Film School in Łódź and Pepperdine University.
Awards & Honors
In 2008 Bawiec won the Berklee Songwriting Competition receiving the Song of the Year award for his song “Oh How I Love This Life”. In 2010 his song "Heroes" won the Rhythm and Frequencies Competition as Best pop/rock song. Bawiec is also the winner & participant of the Johnny Mercer Songwriter's Project. He received the Outstanding Musicianship Award during the Contemporary Writing and Production Achievement Awards ceremony in 2010.
Bawiec is a member of The Recording Academy, Society of Composers and Lyricists, and the Themed Entertainment Association.
- Bawiec, David. "David Bawiec Biography". davidbawiec.com. Retrieved 26 June 2013.
- Fleming, Ryan (2013). "Alum Notes". Berklee Today. 2. 25 (Fall): 48. Retrieved 16 October 2013.
- "Westview Productions". NAMM.org. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
- Bawiec, David. "Backmask". davidbawiec.com. Retrieved 25 September 2013.
- "John Wick (2014) - Soundtrack.Net". www.soundtrack.net.
- Hentzel, Maria. "All Too Beautiful". Soundcloud. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "Alex Hobbs - Breakup Song". CdBaby. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- Breakup Song - Single by Alex Hobbs, retrieved 2021-02-04
- O Come All Ye Faithful - Single by Alex Hobbs, retrieved 2021-02-04
- "Provider, by The Off Chance". The Off Chance. Retrieved 20 April 2018.
- Godden, Witt. "New Song Coming". Witt Godden News. Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "the COMPANY MEN To Release New Album Titled #throwbackPOP On October 22". www.prnewswire.com.
- "Warsaw Fashion Street – moda, kultura, sztuka". Sophisti (in polish). 24 June 2011. Retrieved 16 October 2013. Unknown parameter
|url-status=ignored (help)CS1 maint: Unrecognized language (link)
- "Raiponce et le Prince Aventurier - Spectacle Comédie Musicale". web.archive.org. 2016-03-04. Retrieved 2021-02-04.
- Harrington, Caitlin (2019-06-06). "This Artist Brought Beauty to the Camp Fire's Wreckage". Outside Online. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
- "Shane Grammer and Terence Duffy's 'Beauty from Ashes' Camp Fire mural work to debut at monca". Chico Enterprise-Record. 2019-05-21. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
- Martinez, William (15 March 2018). "You Have Changed My Life".
- Janiszewska, Justyna. "Unplugged Orchestra - Composer". Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "IT'S THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR – SSO CHRISTMAS CONCERT". Singapore Symphony Orchestra. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
- "SSO Christmas Concert". Singapore Symphony Orchestra. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
- "OCEAN logo (David Bawiec & Caleb Martin, Carnival Cruise's One Cruise Experience Access Network)".
- ""The Journey" Album". David Bawiec.
- "David Bawiec – California College of Music". ccmcollege.com.
- "David Bawiec at the Lodz Film School - News | Lodz Film School". www.filmschool.lodz.pl.
- "9 Ways to Make Sure Your Song Takes Us on a Journey". iZotope. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
- "How to Write Better Song Arrangements around Vocals". iZotope. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
- Sheldon, Gay H. "Heroes". Gay H. Sheldon Singer Songwriter. Retrieved 30 October 2013. Unknown parameter
- "2019 Telly Award Winners". Telly Awards. Retrieved 2021-01-31. Unknown parameter
- "AVA Digital Awards". enter.avaawards.com. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
- Desk, BWW News. "Winners Announced for the 2018 BroadwayWorld Los Angeles Awards: George Takei, Desi Oakley, Adam Jacobs and More!". BroadwayWorld.com. Retrieved 2021-01-31.
This article "David Bawiec" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:David Bawiec. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.