Deal of the Century (draft plan)
This article may require copy editing for grammar, style, cohesion, tone, or spelling. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Deal of the Century is a proposal  intended to resolve the Israeli–Palestinian conflict. It is a peace plan for the Middle East made ready by United States President Donald Trump.  After 18 months of planning, Israel’s officials have developed the proposal by visiting the four Arab capitals. However it is not ready to be presented to the public officially.  Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas described the deal as the “slap of the century.” 
The United States tried to work on the latest "peace plan." The Palestinian Authority had been supported by the United States and its allies. In fact, According to the Balfour Declaration, a national homeland for Jewish people was determined in Palestine in 1917. Israel took Jerusalem from Jordan in the Six-Day War.
The term "Deal of the Century" shares a name with a 1983 American comedy film Deal of the Century which features a group of arms dealers that compete to sell weapons to a South American dictator.
When Donald Trump was elected US president in November 2016, he said about the peaceful resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. he named the plan for bringing peace to Israel and Palestine as "the deal of the century". In September 2017 , while at the UN General Assembly US President Donald Trump and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas made a meeting, Abbas, President of the Palestinian Authority, said that their meeting showed the US administration's efforts "to achieve the deal of the century in the Middle East during this year or in the coming months." After 76 days, that deal could be canceled. Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital and move its embassy there from Tel Aviv illustrates the effect of Washington to break any peace settlement. On January 2018, Mahmoud Abbas gave a lecture in Ramallah and said the deal of the century presented by Trump was the peaceful solution, but when the US selected Jerusalem as Israel’s capital, it turned into the slap of century
The effect returns to 40 years to the Camp David . Based on this peace treaty that signed between Egypt and Israel, the request for establishing Palestinian self-government in the West Bank and Gaza was offered. After the Gulf war in 1991, President George H W Bush managed a summit of Arabs and Israelis in Madrid and a historic handshake on the White House between the Israeli Prime Minister Yizhtak Rabin and Chairman of the Palestinian Liberation Organization, Yasser Arafat happened. After awhile President Obama's Secretary of State John Kerry try to make a better relationship between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Abbas.
The detail of deal has not been published officially but is equipped with the 35-page document from the Saudis. As Palestinian officials reported, the context of the deal is to establish a new Jerusalem for Palestinians and the security of the border would be prepared by Israel forces. The deal would provide the Palestine state with the provisional borders on half of the West Bank and the Gaza Strip, without Jerusalem.
Based on the poll done by Haaretz newspaper, in the result, 7 percent of the participants believe that the deal is in favor of Israel while 31 percent believe that the deal favors Palestinians.
Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas stated the aim of the deal is disarming Hamas. He also said the selection of Jerusalem as Israel's capital is the solution presented in the Deal of the Century. When he met with Russia's President, Vladimir Putin, he described the deal as the “slap of the century.” He previously said he would reject any peace deal which was drawn up by the the United States as Palestinians believe Washington’s neutrality is compromised.
- Road map for peace
- Camp David Accords
- staff, Writer. "'Deal of the Century': 10 Things You Need to Know". palestinechronicle. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- staff, writer. "Poll: 44% of Israelis believe 'Deal of the Century' is biased toward Israel". Middle East Monitor. Retrieved 5 July 2018.
- Bishara, Marwan. "What's the big deal... of the century?". Al Jazeera. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- Mortimer, Caroline. "Palestinian leader denounces Donald Trump's diplomacy as 'slap of the century'". The Independent. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Staff, Writer. "Jerusalem embassy: Abbas says Trump plan 'slap of the century'". BBC. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Boot, Max; Terry, Sue Mi. "Trump can't make a 'deal of the century'". Washington Post. Retrieved 27 June 2018.
- Stein, Leonard (1961). The Balfour Declaration. New York: Simon and Schuster. p. 470. Search this book on
- Shlaim, 2001, p. 244.
- Persson, Anders. "What will Trump's 'ultimate deal' mean for Palestinians?". aljazeera. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- Lister, Tim. "For Palestinians, Trump's Jerusalem move is the end of the peace process". cnn. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- telegraph, reporters. "Palestinian leader calls Donald Trump's peace efforts 'slap of the century'". telegraph. Retrieved 15 January 2018.
- Staff, Writer. "Palestinians have seen Trump 'deal of the century', and want nothing of it". Middle East Eye. Retrieved 16 March 2018.
- Shalev, Chemi. "Israelis Support Equal Rights for Reform and Conservative Jews - but Want U.S. Jews to Keep Their Mouths Shut". haaretz. Retrieved 4 Jul 2018.
- Abo el-Fetouh, Dr Amira. "The deal of the century: Greater Israel". Middle East Monitor. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- Staff, Writer. "The Land of Mecca belong to all Muslims, not a particular govt". khamenei. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
- "US 'Deal of Century' Never to Materialize: Leader". Tasnim News. Retrieved 16 July 2018.
This article "Deal of the Century (draft plan)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Deal of the Century (draft plan). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.