Death on the Nile (2020 film)
|Death on the Nile|
|Directed by||Kenneth Branagh|
|Written by||Michael Green|
|Based on||Death on the Nile|
by Agatha Christie
|Music by||Patrick Doyle|
|Distributed by||20th Century Fox|
Death on the Nile is an upcoming American crime drama mystery film directed by Kenneth Branagh and written by Michael Green. The film stars Branagh, Jodie Comer, Gal Gadot, and Armie Hammer. It will be released on October 2, 2020 by 20th Century Fox.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Kenneth Branagh as Hercule Poirot
- Tom Bateman as Bouc
- Jodie Comer as Jacqueline de Bellefort
- Gal Gadot as Linnet Ridgeway-Doyle
- Armie Hammer as Simon Doyle
Production[edit | edit source]
In November 2017, it was announced that 20th Century Fox was developing Death on the Nile as a sequel to their version of Murder on the Orient Express with Michael Green returning to pen the script and Kenneth Branagh set to return onscreen as Poirot, and behind the screen as director.
In September 2018, Gal Gadot joined the cast. Additionally, Mary Zophres was hired to design the costumes for the film's characters. In October 2018, Armie Hammer joined the cast, and Tom Bateman was confirmed to reprise his role as Bouc for the film. In January 2019, Branagh revealed that Jodie Comer had joined the cast.
Filming[edit | edit source]
Filming will begin Spring 2019 at the Longcross Studios in Surrey, England.
Release[edit | edit source]
Future[edit | edit source]
In an interview with Associated Press in December 2017, Branagh discussed developing the adaptation of Death on the Nile with the possibility of even more films to follow, potentially creating a new "cinematic universe" of Poirot films:
"I think there are possibilities, aren't there? With 66 books and short stories and plays, she — and she often brings people together in her own books actually, so innately — she enjoyed that," he says. "You feel as though there is a world — just like with Dickens, there's a complete world that she's created — certain kinds of characters who live in her world — that I think has real possibilities."
References[edit | edit source]
- Kit, Borys (November 20, 2017). "'Murder on the Orient Express' Sequel in the Works (Exclusive)". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on 2018-06-23. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- Fleming Jr., Mike (September 28, 2018). "Gal Gadot To Star In 'Death On The Nile' Redo At Fox". Deadline. Archived from the original on September 28, 2018. Retrieved September 28, 2018.
- Marc, Christopher (October 3, 2018). "'Murder On The Orient Express' Sequel 'Death On The Nile' Adds Oscar-Nominated 'True Grit' Costume Designer Mary Zophres". Geeks WorldWide. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Fuster, Jeremy (October 3, 2018). "Armie Hammer to Join Agatha Christie's 'Death on the Nile' Adaptation". TheWrap. Archived from the original on October 4, 2018. Retrieved October 13, 2018.
- N'Duka, Amanda (October 15, 2018). "Tom Bateman To Reprise Role In 'Death on the Nile' Adaptation At Fox; New Release Date Set". Deadline. Archived from the original on October 16, 2018. Retrieved October 15, 2018.
- Bamigboye, Baz (January 4, 2019). "What Saoirse Ronan learned from Mary Queen of Scots". Daily Mail. Retrieved January 31, 2019.
- Marc, Christopher (September 13, 2018). "Fox's 'Murder On The Orient Express' Sequel 'Death On The Nile' Production Eyes Return To The UK". Geeks WorldWide. Archived from the original on October 25, 2018. Retrieved October 3, 2018.
- Hermanns, Grant (June 23, 2018). "Fox Sets Release Dates For Death on The Nile, Spies in Disguise & More". ComingSoon.net. Archived from the original on June 24, 2018. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- Pearson, Ryan (December 26, 2017). "Branagh teases return of old friends in Death on the Nile". Associated Press. Archived from the original on December 28, 2017. Retrieved December 27, 2017.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Death on the Nile (2020 film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Death on the Nile (2020 film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.