|Edit this InfoBox|
|Alma mater||Centre for Biotechnology, Anna University, Chennai|
University of Calcutta
Career[edit | edit source]
Debayan started his career with Biocon in 1992 as a manager for technical services. After his time at Biocon, he joined Dyadic International Inc, a Biotechnology company based in South Florida, as a Regional Director.
In 2011 Debayan Ghosh and Ineeyan Ariyaratnam, a business graduate from King’s College of London setup Epygen Biotech in India. This was a 100% FDI Biotechnology setup for development and manufacturing a range of Biopharmaceutical drugs.
Biosimilars[edit | edit source]
With Epygen Dr. Ghosh launched Biosimilar molecule Recombinant Streptokinase (rSK) in 2018, under License and Technology transfer by CSIR-IMTECH. Debayan tied-up with CSIR-IMTECH in Chandigarh, India to license its Recombinant Streptokinase technology, from lab scale transfer to scaling up and expression of proteins up to pre clinical and clinical scales.
Bibliography[edit | edit source]
Debayan has also authored several scholastic papers in International journals and patents.
- Mathematical model for kinetic predictability of biopolymer breaking enzyme system for oil wells, National Meeting of American Chemical Society (ACS), San Diego, CA, March 26-31, 2012
- SPE-147863, A Novel Enzyme Breaker for Mudcake Removal in High Temperature Horizontal and Multi-Lateral Wells; Mohammed H. Al-khaldi (Saudi Aramco) | Bisweswar Ghosh (Petroleum Institute) | Debayan Ghosh (Epygen Biotech)
- SPE-161643, Derivation of kinetic rate constant of enzyme-buffer mud cake clean up systems - Laboratory investigation and verification in high temperature fractured carbonate reservoir; Bisweswar Ghosh | Mohamed Arif | Debayan Ghosh | Bodhi Chaudhuri
Philanthropy[edit | edit source]
Debayan Ghosh set up Epygen Cares Foundation in 2017. It is a Non-Profit Organization which focuses on areas of health, education, women empowerment and childcare.
References[edit | edit source]
- "The opportunity in biosimilars is here, one has to grab it: Debayan Ghosh, Epygen Biotech". The Economic Times. 11 December 2017.
- "BioPharma – Epygen Labs". epygen.com.
- "Breast Cancer: Prevention is better than cure | Free Press Journal". freepressjournal.in.
- "Pharma Bio World". Pharmabioworld.com.
- "Readying drugmakers to ride the third wave of biosimilars". Business Line.
- "Wamda". Wamda.com.
- "Company Profile". birac.nic.in.
- "Readying drugmakers to ride the third wave of biosimilars". @businessline.
- "Keynote Speakers".
- "Poster Presentation | Bodhisattwa Chaudhuri". bodhi-chaudhuri.uconn.edu.
- H., Al-khaldi, Mohammed; Bisweswar, Ghosh,; Debayan, Ghosh, (1 January 2011). "A Novel Enzyme Breaker for Mudcake Removal in High Temperature Horizontal and Multi-lateral Wells". doi:10.2118/147863-MS.
- Bisweswar, Ghosh,; Arif, Mehtar, Mohamed; Debayan, Ghosh,; Bodhi, Chaudhuri, (1 January 2012). "Derivation of kinetic rate constant of enzyme-buffer mud cake clean up systems - Laboratory investigation and verification in high temperature fractured carbonate reservoir". doi:10.2118/161643-MS.
- "Free medical camp organised at Powai Sharadotsav by biotechnology company EPYGEN in association with Spandan Foundation | Latest Health Technology , Healthcare News".