Baird earned her Ph.D. at the University of Alabama. Also, she earned a Master of Science in Education at UA, and a B.S. from Auburn University. Her post-doctoral study was at Spring Hill College in theology. She has worked as instructor at the University of Alabama, assistant professor at Austin College, Associate Professor at University of West Alabama, Chairperson at Stillman College, and Professor and Dean of Education at Athens State University.
She currently serves as Professor of Religious Studies at Athens State University. Baird also serves as the Program Lead for the Individualized Degree Program, allowing students to develop their own degree in the areas in which they need certificates and minors, or further study. The degree allows entrepreneurial expressions of creativity and encourages the development of new career paths.
Her book, The Journey of Crew 10: A Case Study of War and Human Consciousness (2016), examines World War II, the Eighth Air Force, Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome, and family interactions under stress. In 2015, Baird co-authored a chapter in the book EMPOWERING STUDENTS: A Contemporary and Essential Approach to Education, Elizabeth Quinn and Joseph Scileppi, editors.
- "College of Education, Athens State University" (PDF). 2012-07-30. Retrieved 2018-04-07.
- "Debra Baird Scholarly Work". Academia.edu. Retrieved 9 April 2018.
- McDaniel, Deangelo (25 February 2013). "There's Always A Need: Math, Biology Educators Among Specialties in Most Demand". Decatur Daily. Retrieved 14 April 2018.
- Owens, Tiffeny (25 February 2013). "Economic Reality hits teaching hopeful". The Cullman Times. Decatur Daily. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- Remkus, Ashley (7 June 2015). "20-Somethings Unaffiliated with Religion?". Decatur Daily Newspaper. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- Godbey, Catherine (26 October 2017). "Lectures on Martin Luther and Protestant Reformation set at Athens State". Decatur Daily. Retrieved 8 April 2018.
- Athens, State University. "Athens State University Directory". Retrieved 7 April 2018.
- Petrie, Calum (14 November 2018). "Stonehaven Seals Twinning Ties". The Press and Journal Aberdeenshire. The Press and Journal. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- Baird, Isaac. "Clan Baird Society Board of Directors". Clan Baird Society Worldwide. Clan Baird. Retrieved 7 April 2018.
- Baird, Debra (September 2016). The Journey of Crew 10: A Case Study of War and Human Consciousness (1st ed.). Tuscaloosa, Alabama: SaintMauricePublishing. p. 134. ISBN 978-0998085005. Search this book on
This article "Debra Baird" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Debra Baird. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.