Delma Watch Ltd.
|Privately held company|
|Founder 👔||Adolf Gilomen & Albert Gilomen|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Adolf Gilomen, Albert Gilomen, Ulrich Wüthrich, Fred Leibundgut|
|Products 📟||Wristwatches, Pocket watches|
Number of employees
The Gilomen brothers registered four brands Thuya, Midland, Delma and Gil. Thuya had originally served as the company’s name and the other brands were used for watch models. The Delma brand name first appeared on watches in 1933 and was established as the company’s name in 1966 with the company take over by Ulrich Wüthrich and Fritz Fankhauser. In 1996 Ulrich Wüthrich's son-in-law entered the company and took over as President and CEO.
Delma watches are divided into five subsections: Racing, Diver, Dress and Ladies. Delma released its first professional diver's watch in 1975.
Delma released a professional diver's watch with a water-resistance to 3,000 metres (9,900 ft) in 2011.
In 2016, Delma entered a partnership with the IMOCA 60 to become the Official Timer of the Transat New York to Vendée, the lead up race to the Vendée Globe.
In 2017, Delma entered a partnership with sailor Nick Moloney.
Notes and references
- "Delma: History". www.delma.ch. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "Delma – Uhren-Wiki: Die besten Uhren und Uhrenmarken". www.uhren-wiki.net (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2018-10-02.
- E, By Mr. "Introducing the new Delma Heritage". www.europastar.com. Retrieved 2018-10-02.
- "Races of the IMOCA Ocean Masters World Championship". Imoca Ocean Masters. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- E, By Mr. "Delma sets sail with record-holder Nick Moloney". www.europastar.com. Retrieved 2018-04-13.
- "Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève". GPHG. 2017-08-31. Retrieved 2018-10-02.
- "GPHG - Calendar watches - GPHG - Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève - WorldTempus". en.worldtempus.com. Retrieved 2018-10-02.
- E, By Mr. "Can Delma win at the 2017 Grand Prix d'Horlogerie de Genève?". www.europastar.com. Retrieved 2018-10-02.
This article "Delma (Swiss watchmaker)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Delma (Swiss watchmaker). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.