|Born||1984 (age 35–36)|
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
|🏫 Education||Algonquin College|
CEO of CosSar Enterprises Inc., Entrepreneur
|📆 Years active||April 2014 – Present|
|Co-founder of Wealthy Wally|
Denis Brisson (born 1984) is a Canadian entrepreneur and current CEO of CosSar Enterprises Inc., a privately controlled Canadian corporation. In 2016, Brisson launched Wealthy Wally. An investment newsletter geared towards helping people become financially independent sooner.
Prior to creating Wealthy Wally, Brisson was the Conference Coordinator and IT Coordinator for the International Cospas-Sarsat Programme located in Montreal, Quebec, Canada (from 2012 - 2014) where he helped advance international technical standards for the global MEOSAR Search and Rescue System. Previous to that, he was part of the Canadian delegation to the International Cospas-Sarsat programme (from 2007 - 2011) where he operated the experimental third-generation Search and Rescue satellite receiving System for Canada located at Shirley's Bay complex in Ottawa. He coordinated the first round of international MEOSAR tests and conducted various types of beacon tests in the Canadian Arctic near CFS Alert. He is a graduate from Algonquin College (Ottawa, Ontario, Canada) where he obtained his diploma in Electronics Engineering Technology.
Denis has been a stock investor for over 10-years. In 2010, he had created a Shareholder coalition to try and attempt to stop the sale of the La Francia coal assets in Columbia to Goldman Sachs Group Inc. which were owned by Coalcorp Mining Inc. at the time. In 2016, he formed a Shareholder coalition to try and stop SFX Entertainment Inc. who filed for bankruptcy early 2016 in adopting a restructuring agreement which would extinguish retail shareholder's shares. Brisson believed that SFX Entertainment Inc. would have been bought out by billionaire Robert F.X. Sillerman who had put three individual offers to market to purchase all outstanding shares of the company.  Brisson co-authored an article with his business partner Sven Vande Broek  discussing the value in SFX Entertainment Inc. prior to its bankruptcy filing early 2016. Brisson and WPP Luxembourg Gamma Three S.À R.L. request to the courts for the formation of a Shareholder Equity Committee for shareholders to be represented during bankruptcy proceedings.
- Wealthy Wally - Invest in Your Future Today.
- Brisson at the International Cospas-Sarsat Programme, p.3
- Cyprus Visit prior to Annual Joint Committee Meeting
- New beacons show potential, by Lt Dirk Lamoureux - The Contact (14 Jan 2011), p.3
- Activist Stock Investor
- Retail investors target Coalcorp - Peter Koven, Financial Post (13 Jan (2010))
- SFX Entertainment Lawyers response to U.S. Trustee following Brisson's request to form Shareholder committee
- Robert Sillerman Breaches Preferred Deal With SFX Entertainment Amid EDM Buyout Bid
- Robert Sillerman Pulls Third Bid to Buy Back SFX
- "SFX Entertainment: Counting Down To The Fireworks Or Will It Pop Its Final Beat?"
- SFX Shareholders Prepare for their day in court
This article "Denis Brisson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.