Digital Media Wire
Digital Media Wire, Inc. (DMW) was originally started in May 2000 as a publishing company dedicated to the coverage of media, entertainment and technology news. Since its inception, it has now developed into a media company that owns and produces several major industry-related conferences, publishes a daily e-mail newsletter and industry directory, and operates a community portal, launched in July 2006.
DMW produces conferences and events throughout North America related to the Digital Media industry. As of July 2010, these include:
- Digital Media Conference, East and West: An event for media, entertainment and technology businesses, educational institutions and government agencies involved in the digital distribution of media, including information, education & entertainment products.
- Digital Music Forum, East and West: The event brings together senior executives from record labels, music publishers, producers and distributors, tech companies, wireless companies, rights organizations, radio, advertisers, attorneys, artists and investors to examine the role of digital technologies in the future of music.
- Future of Television, East and West: An event presented by Digital Media Wire, CEA and NYU’s Stern School of Business. The event brings together decision-makers from cable and broadcast networks, cable and satellite operators, high-tech and advertising to focus on the future of television
- NY Games Conference: This event brings together the leading video game publishers and developers, carriers, portals, technology companies, advertising execs, venture capitalists, lawyers and analysts to discuss the future of video games and social media.
- LA Games Conference.
- International Game & Film Lounge: about games and film, and the intersection between the two industries.
- Digital Strategies, Canada: A one-day event about digital marketing.
- Digital Media Insider @ CES
- Future of Film Summit: networking about the future of the movie business.
Past speakers at DMW's events include:
- Bruce Campbell, President, Digital Media, Discovery Communications
- Kevin Yen, Director, Strategic Partnerships, Google/YouTube
- John Rubey, President, AEG Network Live
- Les Paul
- Gareth Davis, Platform Manager, Facebook
- Michael Worosz, VP of Business Dev., CBS Interactive - Games and Music
- Oren Peli, Director and Screenwriter (Paranormal Activity, Area 51)
- Jack Abernethy, CEO, Fox Television Stations
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA) is an investor in two of DMW’s conferences. The company has partnership deals with dozens of publishers, universities and other organizations including the Nielsen family of publications (Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, etc.), the Reed family of events and publications (Reed Midem, Variety, Multichannel News, Broadcasting & Cable, etc.), NYU’s Stern School of Business and UCLA’s Anderson School of Management. Recent advertisers and sponsors include Motorola, YouTube, AOL, Universal Music Group, Comcast, Sony Online Entertainment, Akamai, IBM, Deloitte, The Boston Consulting Group, Texas Instruments, LiveNation, NPR, PassAlong Networks, Cablevision, Endemol, Savvis and many more.
DMW Daily (E-Newsletter)
DMW Daily is an e-newsletter sent to thousands of subscribers each day. It contains the days top and breaking stories, job openings and small featurettes from the fields of technology, entertainment and media. Sponsors of the newsletter include: Rovi, Cisco and Rights Flow.
To provide busy media, entertainment and technology executives with the most important news stories about the convergence of media, entertainment and technology. DMW also has an Analysis and Opinion section, composed of three staff writers as well as external contributors like Mark Cuban, Guy Kawasaki and Rohit Bhargava.
This article "Digital Media Wire" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.