|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Charleston, SC; Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Chicago, IL; New York City, NY; Philadelphia, PA; Washington, DC; Houston, TX|
Number of employees
DivaDance Company is a franchise company with dance programs for adults throughout the United States. It features original choreography set to current popular music and dance videos. Founded in 2015 by Jami Stigliano, it has received magazine and news outlet coverage.
Stigliano started DivaDance Company as a "side hustle" to encourage women to have the same confidence as pop stars on stage as well as feel comfortable in their skin. Drawing from her experience choreographing routines for her friends as a child, she balanced her music executive job at Jive Records with her dance studio ambitions. In 2015 she opened the first DivaDance Company location and since then the franchise has expanded to a total of 6 major U.S. cities and is currently growing.
Stigliano and her team teaches the moves of famous artists like Rihanna, Christian Aguilera, and Aaliyah. Classes may have an overarching theme, like the Beyoncé-inspired routines. The choreography is inspired by pop stars' actual performances and music videos. Personalized classes for small groups such as bachelorette parties are often the company's target demographic. Some classes are taught directly by Stigliano herself.
DivaDance Company has been featured on a number of local and national television outlets which reaches the diverse population of the Unites States. The Telemundo affiliate in New York did a segment on DivaDance Company entitled, "Ejercicios y diversión al ritmo de Beyoncé". People Magazine writer, Maria Yagoda, reported that her experience went by "incredibly fast" and was willing to indulge in a certain dance style approach she probably would never attempt at a club. DivaDance Company is one of the first dance studios that teaches women how to dance in heels. 
- "Trends & Obsessions". Celebrity Page. November 2016.
- Jones, Devin. "Diva Dance". WJLA. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Slay like Bey in this new #Beychella 'werkshop'". am New York. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Best Hip Hop Dance Classes in Austin, TX - Diva Dance Company". DivaDance. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "DC Has a New Beyoncé Dance Class—And It's Just As Fun As You'd Think". Washingtonian. 2017-05-05. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- WASHINGTON, GOOD MORNING. "Beyonce-themed dances with DC's Diva Dance Company". WJLA. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Group Travel NYC: Where to Take Dance Classes with Friends". www.cityguideny.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "The Jam TV Show". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "Ejercicios y diversión al ritmo de Beyoncé". Telemundo 47 (in español). Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "I Took a Beyoncé Dance Class – Complete with Body Rolls, Posing and Booty Shakes – and This Is What I Learned". PEOPLE.com. Retrieved 2018-10-17.
- "How trendy dance classes in stilettos can give you a confidence boost you never knew you needed". USAToday.com. Retrieved 2019-02-21.
This article "DivaDance Company" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:DivaDance Company. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.