Do I exist: A riddle
|Do I Exist: A Riddle|
|Directed by||Dhruva Harsh|
|Produced by||Glorious Gonardh Productions|
|16 minutes 38 seconds|
Do I Exist: A Riddle is a short film comprising René Descartes’s philosophy “Cogito, ergo sum” (I think, therefore I am) and “Buddhism” combined. This work of fiction is the manifestation of dream and death or life after death. It’s about existing as a ‘being’ or not. In this film soul seeks transformation into a buddhist monk and redeems his soul from the body captivated with the charm of corporeal desire and ‘maya’ (delusion) even after death.
Here Siddhartha, the protagonist is already dead but still stuck in the matrix called ‘maya’ in Sanskrit and he seems utterly confused between life and death, dream and reality, forgets time and place and keeps dwelling in the same house where he lived with his wife called Marvi. Siddhartha’s character is influenced with Gautama Buddha, a primary figure of Buddhism, and he is a modern portrayal of him. But here Siddhartha does not have any choice to renounce his wife in seclusion but his wife Marvi leaves him over a quarrel of about conceiving a baby.
- Official Selection : 5th International Film Festival Shimla (2019)
- Official Selection : Pondicherry International Short Film Festival [Puducherry] (2019)
- Official Selection : 12 th Jaipur International Film Festival, Jaipur (2020)
- Official Selection : Chambal International Film Festival (2020)
- Official Selection : Panorama International Short Film Festival,Tunisia (2020)
- Official Selection : 16th Kolkata Short Film Festival (2020)
- Official Selection : 4th Kalinga Global Film Festival (2020)
- Ghosh, Sankha (November 27, 2019). "Do I Exist: A Riddle". Times of India. Unknown parameter
- "Shortlisted Film for Screening - 5th International Film Festival of Shimla-2019". Unknown parameter
- "2nd Pondicherry international film festival ANI NEWS".
- "Pondicherry International film festival". Unknown parameter
- "CHAMBAL INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL". www.ciff.co.in. Retrieved 2020-01-01.
- "Panorama International Short Film Festival - بانوراما الفيلم القصير الدولي". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-01-01.
- "Chitrabani – A Human Touch in Communication". www.chitrabani.net. Retrieved 2020-01-01.
This article "Do I exist: A riddle" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Do I exist: A riddle. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.