This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Donna Peterson was a Hollywood fashion illustration sketch artist, assistant costume designer, and wardrobe assistant. Despite working as a ghost illustrator for many years in her career, Peterson's fashion illustration sketches are notable within the history of Classical Hollywood cinema costuming because she helped define the aesthetics and glamour of an era. She worked as assistant to Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer's head costume designer Helen Rose for twenty years between the 1940s and 1960s. She also briefly worked as a sketch artist for costume designer Edith Head in the 1960s.
In the 1980s and 1990s she worked as illustrator for costume designer Nolan Miller on the television series Dynasty, as well as in Miller's dress shop is in Beverly Hills. Together Miller and Peterson would read over the scripts and design each outfit for each scene of Dynasty, before handing off Peterson's sketches to the dressmakers. In 1991, Peterson worked with Nolan Miller on the film "Soapdish", which starred Sally Field and Whoopi Goldberg.
Her sketch of actress Goldie Hawn in "Foul Play" was included in the 2014 exhibition, "Designing Hollywood: Sketches from the Christian Esquevin Collection" at Fashion Institute of Design & Merchandising Museum alongside costume designers such as; William Travilla, Norma Koch, Walter Plunkett, Bill Thomas and others.
- Kron, Joan (1992-11-18). "Glamour Boy". The New York Times. Retrieved 2018-05-29.
- Bretana, Raissa. "Fashion History Timeline". Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT). Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Rose, Helen (1976). "Just Make Them Beautiful": The Many Worlds of a Designing Woman. Dennis-Landman Publishers. pp. 89, 125. Search this book on
- Jorgensen, Jay (2015). Creating the Illusion (Turner Classic Movies): A Fashionable History of Hollywood Costume Designers. Running Press. pp. 263–265. ISBN 0762458070. Search this book on
- David., Chierichetti, (2003). Edith Head : the life and times of Hollywood's celebrated designer. Head, Edith. (1st ed ed.). New York: HarperCollinsPublishers. p. 149. ISBN 0060194286. OCLC 49260717.CS1 maint: Extra text (link) Search this book on
- Cedrone, Lou (1991-05-29). "Nolan Miller dresses the great ones". The Baltimore Sun. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Rayner, Polly (1985-08-04). "Nolan Miller In Your Own Style Meet The Wardrobe Designer Behind The Glitz And Glitter Of 'Dynasty,' 'love Boat,' And Many Film Luminaries". The Morning Call. Retrieved 2018-06-21.
- Hamzah, Herdiansyah. "News About Women". Retrieved 2018-06-21.
This article "Donna Peterson" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Donna Peterson. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.