Dunkin' Donuts Israel (דאנקן דונאטס)
|Founded 📆||Israel (1996)|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 🎛️ 🧴||Doughnuts, Coffee|
Number of employees
|Website||[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ]|
Dunkin' Donuts Israel (Hebrew: דאנקן דונאטס) was an Israeli franchise of the chain Dunkin' Donuts.
Upon opening their first location Dunkin' was a tremendous hit. When the original location opened it broke Dunkin's own sales records by selling 3 million doughnuts in the first eight months. The chain's manager was quoted saying "Israelis do not stop eating doughnuts, They buy such quantities, quantities that we would never have believed they would buy. They buy boxes of 12, eat them here, and then buy more boxes to take home."
In 2001, when Dunkin' Donuts Israel decided to close, the company had accumulated a large amount of debt. When the Second Intifada broke out, Israeli tourism slowed, and Dunkin' decided to close. Approximately $2 million was invested in Dunkin' Donuts Israel when it failed. At the peak, Dunkin' Donuts had 9 branches in Israel, of their original goal of 15, including 3 in Jerusalem.
Causes of closure
While many factors attributed to Dunkin' Donuts' failure, some key factors were:
- The Second Intifada hurt Israeli economy.
- After Hanukkah many Israelis do not eat doughnuts due to all the Sufganiyah eaten.
- Local chains such as Roladin and Aroma Espresso Bar catered more to the unique Israeli tastes.
- Doughnuts were smaller and more expensive than local Israeli chains.
Other articles of the topics Food AND Companies : Joanne's Food Truck, El Gaucho אל גאוצ'ו, McDonald's Australia, eat-the-world, Breadline Cafe, Starbucks Corporation, Stoner's Pizza Joint
Other articles of the topics Companies AND Israel : El Gaucho אל גאוצ'ו
Other articles of the topics Food AND Israel : El Gaucho אל גאוצ'ו
Other articles of the topic Food : Specialties of soups, Smokeshow, Stoner's Pizza Joint, Chocolate-covered cookie dough, Firestorm Books & Coffee, Kraków gingerbread, Lopadotemachoselachogaleokranioleipsanodrimhypotrimmatosilphiokarabomelitokatakechymenokichlepikossyphophattoperisteralektryonoptekephalliokigklopeleiolagoiosiraiobaphetraganopterygon
Other articles of the topic Companies : Panasonic Corporation, MRC Global, Inc., Thomas Padovani, QSAN Technology Inc., Triodent, Ltd., AnimaWings, BearQuick Private Limited
Other articles of the topic Israel : El Gaucho אל גאוצ'ו, Arab states–Israeli alliance against Iran, Israel men's junior national softball team, Arabs for Israel, Bnei Brit HaHadasha
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- Culture of Israel
- Israeli cuisine
- Economy of Israel
- List of restaurants in Israel
- This day in Jewish history / Dunkin' Donuts' founder is born – Retrieved 3 September 2014
- סוףגניה – Retrieved 3 September 2014
- Downsize me: Israel shuns fast food – Retrieved 3 September 2014
- American Fast Food In Israel: The Bagel – Retrieved 3 September 2014
- Doughnuts return in honor of Hanukkah – Retrieved 3 September 2014
- Dunkin Donuts Catastrophic Failure in Israel Archived September 4, 2014, at the Wayback Machine – Retrieved 3 September 2014
- Skeptical about the Israeli cupcake trend Archived 2014-09-04 at the Wayback Machine – Retrieved 3 September 2014
This article "Dunkin' Donuts Israel" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Dunkin' Donuts Israel. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.