|Edward A. Vance|
|Edit this InfoBox|
Redfield, South DakotaMay 28, 1957
|Known for||Founder of EV&A Architects Chancellor of the AIA College of Fellows|
|Spouse(s)||Ruby Vance (m. 2011)|
Edward A. Vance, FAIA (born May 28, 1957), an American architect, is the principal-in-charge of design and CEO at EV&A Architects, a specialty architecture firm he founded in Las Vegas, Nevada in 2006. Vance has been a registered Architect in 19 states and is certified by the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB). He is the current Chancellor of the American Institute of Architects College of Fellows.
Life and Education
Vance was born in Redfield, South Dakota but spent his school years in Minnesota graduating from Eveleth High in 1975. Vance earned a bachelor of arts degree in 1979 from North Dakota State University, then studied in Western Europe and returned to North Dakota State University where he earned his bachelor of architecture degree in 1981.
Edward Vance has served his clients, his community and the profession of architecture for nearly four decades. He was elected to AIA’s National Board of Directors in 2010 where he served a three-year term receiving his Richard Upjohn Fellowship in 2012. He was elevated to the AIA College of Fellows in early 2014 and received the AIA Regional Silver Medal in October of the same year, the highest honor bestowed on an architect in a six-state region. Vance is actively registered as an Architect in nine states and is NCARB certified.
After graduating from North Dakota State University, Vance served as an Intern Architect at Cossutta and Associates Architects. In 1987, he was recruited by SH Architects in Las Vegas where served as a senior designer for the firm for two years. He was later recruited by JMA Architecture Studios in 1989 where served as principal and finally president before his departure in 2006.
In 2006, after more than 25 years in the profession, he founded Ed Vance & Associates Architects in Las Vegas. The firm started with five employees and grew to 30 in less than two years. The firm's work specializes in the commercial, healthcare and hospitality markets.
Vance is the author of the book Architectural Sketches, published in 2008.
- AIA Nevada Young Architect Citation - 1998
- AIA Nevada Service Award - 2001
- AIA Nevada Silver Medal - 2006
- North Dakota State University's President's Silver Medal - 2008
- AIA Richard Upjohn Fellow - 2012
- Elected to the AIA College of Fellows - 2014
- AIA Regional Silver Medal - 2014
- "Edward Vance of EV&A Architects elected to the College of Fellows of the American Institute of Architects: The Ferraro Group". pitchengine.com. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- "Architecture as a calling: Ed Vance's Las Vegas firm growing again". Las Vegas Review-Journal. 2014-05-24. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- "eva-architects | Edward Vance". eva-architects. Retrieved 2019-06-20.
- "Executive Committee - CollegeofFellows". network.aia.org. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Edward A. Vance, FAIA, Inaugurated as Chancellor for the College of Fellows of The American Institute of Architects". www.aia.org. Dec 7, 2018. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Movers & Shakers: Edward A. Vance". Nevada Business Magazine. 2018-01-01. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- "JMA Architecture Studios - American Institute of Architects Las Vegas". www.aialasvegas.org. Retrieved 2019-06-21.
- "Edward Vance Linkedin Profile".
- "eva-architects". eva-architects. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Architectural Sketches". www.blurb.es. Retrieved 2019-06-21.