Elias Software AB
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
|Products 📟||ELIAS Music Engine, ELIAS Composer's Studio|
Number of employees
Elias Software AB is a software company located in Nacka, outside Stockholm in Sweden that develops audio software for the video game industry.
Elias Software was founded in 2014 by composer Kristofer Eng and programmer Philip Bennefall. They created the ELIAS Music Engine for adaptive video game music, which was released commercially in February 2015. ELIAS stands for Elastic Lightweight Integrated Audio System, and it uses the vertical layering method with interchangeable stems. The music engine comes with an authoring tool: the ELIAS Composer's Studio, which allows composers to arrange their music and helps bridge the gap between composer and developer.
The first game to utilize ELIAS was Gauntlet, developed by Arrowhead Game Studios and published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.
- The ELIAS Composer's Studio is an authoring tool for the ELIAS Music Engine, which is an audio solution for adaptive game music. It is similar to a digital audio workstation that composers can use to manage complex scores that are supposed to be adaptive to actions and events in the game. It is designed to offer a simplified workflow and be as easy as possible to use. The adaptive music works by having a selection of different tracks with each of these tracks having a different version or variation to the original sound.
- The ELIAS Music Engine is an audio solution for adaptive game music developed by Swedish software company Elias Software.
- "Dynamic, adaptive music with Elias - Nordic Game Community". Nordicgame.com. 2015-05-08. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "Dale Crowley's Blog - Composing Adaptive Music for Video Games Using Elias". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- "ELIAS Software releases Version 1.7 of ELIAS Music Engine". The Audio Spotlight. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
- Chapple, Craig (2015-07-21). "Key Release: Inside new audio tool suite Elias Engine | Latest news from the game development industry | Develop". Develop-online.net. Retrieved 2016-06-12.
|File:WPVG icon 2016.svg||This video game-related article is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Elias Software" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.