|Born||13 April 1989|
|🏡 Residence||Lagos, Nigeria|
|🏫 Education||Lagos State University, Fate Foundation|
Blogger, On-air personality, TV Show Host, Social Media Manager/Strategist
|📆 Years active||2012–present|
Early life and education
Godwin was born on 13 April 1989, in Lagos state. She lost her father at a tender age and was raised by her mother, who died when she was 18. She has a degree in computer science from the Lagos State University. She also obtained a certificate as an Aspiring Entrepreneur from Fate Foundation.
In December 2012, Godwin started blogging using a wordpress sub domain. She took her blogging more seriously in January 2014 and obtained a custom domain which she rebranded as ELSiEiSY.
She had her first radio training at Rose Radio where she interned as a newscaster and programs researcher.
In February 2016, she had her first major media debut as she started her own radio show called Crux of the Matter on Happenings Radio, which was born out of the passion to create conversations around pressing issues. She was the host and producer of the show.
In April 2016, Godwin joined Itunoluwa Oladehinde Ariyo as host on HeartMatters on Lagos Traffic Radio – 96.1FM. Heartmatters is an adult program targeted at married couples, others of marriageable ages and single parents. The program presents real life crisis and challenges that people face in their marriages, courtships, dates and other non-platonic relationships.
In January 2017, after her controversial Interview with sarah Ofili went viral, Godwin decided it was time to move the conversation to TV. Crux of the Matter premiers on R2TV (GoTV Channel 112) in April 201.
in 2018, she secured a spot on Plus TV Africa as a co-host on its flagship show – Tea Time, an entertainment analysis program.
She is the convener of the Digital Media Talk that was held in Laos, Nigeria, in 2018, and that will also be held in 2019. The conference focuses on using digital media for societal good.
- "The Giant Strides of Elsie Godwin the Radio Queen". 29 September 2016.
- "Shots Fired! "Ikechukwu proposed to me in public because if he did it in private I could have said no' - Sarah Ofili". Linda Ikeji's Blog. 15 January 2017. Retrieved 2018-05-25.
- "Elsie Godwin's "Crux of the Matter" to Debut This April". 29 March 2017.
- "MeetsMedia: Elsie Godwin hosts September edition". 17 September 2018.
- Debo Popoola The Giant Strides of Elsie Godwin The Radio Queen – Olorisupergal. Retrieved 29 September 2016
- Zeta Feature Elsie Godwin. Retrieved 27 April 2014
- Tiwa Savage & Tunji Balogun: 9 Lessons to Learn From Their Failed Marriage. LazyWrita. Retrieved 5 May 2016
- Olajumoke’s Story: 8 Lessons For Nigerian Women. Retrieved 10 March 2016
- 15 Hot Questions For Elsie Godwin – Radio Host, Blogger And Social Media Manager/Influencer. Woman.NG Retrieved 13 Feb 2017
This article "Elsie Godwin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Elsie Godwin. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.