Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Edit this InfoBox|
|Born||Elyse Marie Sewell|
June 10, 1982
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
|Baptised||June 10, 1982|
Search Elyse Sewell on Amazon.
Elyse Marie Sewell (born June 10, 1982) is an American fashion model. She is best known for her appearance as a contestant in the first cycle of the reality television series America's Next Top Model.
She was named one of Wired Magazine's 2005's 10 Sexiest Geeks.
Sewell was born in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She obtained a Bachelor of Arts in Spanish and a Bachelor of Science in Biology from the University of New Mexico. She also worked as a research assistant in an evolutionary biology lab.
America's Next Top Model
Sewell's start in modeling came with her appearance on the first cycle of America's Next Top Model. She was known on the show as the "edgy pre-med student". She placed third, after Adrianne Curry and Shannon Stewart.
In 2005, one of her "confessional" clips from the show, in which she expressed a profanity-laden rant against the people on the show, earned her 16th place on E!'s Most Outrageous TV Moments. She attributes this outburst to the unusual requirement on the show to voice one's private thoughts and to soliloquize in a "confessional booth".
While on the show, she said that she would be going to medical school if she did not win the competition.
After America's Next Top Model
Although Sewell did not win the competition, she carved out a successful modeling career in East Asia, working mainly in Hong Kong. She has had print advertisements for Chanel and Chow Sang Sang Jewelry and appeared on the cover of Harper's Bazaar Hong Kong. Despite Tyra Banks' hope that Sewell would come to see that modeling was not as easy as it was often made out to be, Sewell continued to insist that it was the "easiest job in the world".
In 2004, Sewell started a LiveJournal blog about her experiences of modeling overseas. She published a book called Beauty and The Biz: The International Adventures of America's Third-to-Next Top Model, in Hong Kong in 2006 based in part on her (now abandoned) blog. She appeared at multiple book signings across Hong Kong. Her other writing credits include a satirical piece for Bust Magazine on how to be a reality TV star, as well as posts for the website Lemondrop.
- "Profile of fashion model Elyse Sewell". Retrieved 2008-07-16.
- "2005's 10 Sexiest Geeks". Wired. December 27, 2005.
- Elyse Sewell (2006). Beauty and The Biz: The International Adventures of America's Third-to-Next Top Model. SCMP Book Publishing Limited. p. 15. ISBN 962-17-9037-9. Search this book on
- "UNM Newsroom". UNM Newsroom. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-11-23. Retrieved 2011-07-03.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- America's Next Top Model Cycle 1, UPN
- "Life After Tyra – Vol. 65 No. 19". people.com. 15 May 2006. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2006-03-27. Retrieved 2006-03-16.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Elyse Sewell (2006). Beauty and The Biz: The International Adventures of America's Third-to-Next Top Model. SCMP Book Publishing Limited. ISBN 962-17-9037-9. Search this book on
- Sewell, E. "Reality Check" Bust Magazine Spring 2004
- "Love and Sex". huffingtonpost.com. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
- Sewellwrote, Elyse; 21:25:00, 2009-06-05 21:25:00 Elyse Sewell elysesewell 2009-06-05. "watermelon mt". livejournal.com. Retrieved 5 August 2017.
Others articles of the Topic Biography : Willis Ricketts, Gertrude Baines, Marina Osman, People, Ijaaz Ebrahim, The B.L.P., C. J. Bolin
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Elyse Sewell" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.