Emily Whitmire (fighter)
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||May 24, 1991|
Portland, Oregon, United States
|Height||5 ft 5 in (1.65 m)|
|Weight||115 lb (52 kg; 8.2 st)|
|Division||Strawweight (105–115 Ib)|
|Fighting out of||Las Vegas, NV|
|Team||Xtreme Couture MMA|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Mixed martial arts career
Whitmire made her amateur MMA debut on March 5, 2010. Over the next two and a half years she acquired an amateur record of 1 win against 4 losses.
After three years of inactivity, Whitmire made her professional MMA debut at Freestyle Cage Fighting 50 (FCF 50) against Emily Ducote on September 19, 2015. Whitmire defeated Ducote, who was also making her pro MMA debut, via unanimous decision after three five-minute rounds. Whitmire went on to fight in two additional MMA bouts, gathering a professional record of 2-1.
She was then selected as a participant in the The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion, the UFC's 26th season of the The Ultimate Fighter reality TV show. During the show, which focused on the inauguration of the UFC women's flyweight division, Whitmire won her first bout, defeating Christina Marks via armbar submission in the first round . However, she lost her second bout of the show against Roxanne Modafferi via first-round TKO, eliminating her from further contention for the Ultimate Fighter title. For the show's finale event, Whitmire was chosen to fight in a preliminary bout against Gillian Robertson on December 1, 2017, where Whitmire lost via armbar submission in the first round.
Seven months after her loss in the The Ultimate Fighter finale event, Whitmire made her official UFC debut at UFC 226 on July 7, 2018. She was matched against former Invicta fighter Jamie Moyle for the Fight Pass preliminary fight, and defeated Moyle via unanimous decision.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|5 matches||3 wins||2 losses|
|Win||3–2||Jamie Moyle||Decision (unanimous)||UFC 226||July 7, 2018||3||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Loss||2–2||Gillian Robertson||Submission (armbar)||The Ultimate Fighter: A New World Champion Finale||December 1, 2017||1||2:12||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||2–1||Ronni Nanney||Decision (unanimous)||EB: Beatdown 20||March 18, 2017||3||5:00||New Town, North Dakota, United States|
|Loss||1–1||Kelly D'Angelo||Submission (guillotine choke)||RFA 44: Moises vs. Freeman||September 30, 2016||2||3:46||St. Charles, Missouri, United States|
|Win||1–0||Emily Ducote||Decision (unanimous)||FCF: Freestyle Cage Fighting 50||September 19, 2015||3||5:00||Shawnee, Oklahoma, United States||Strawweight debut.|
Mixed martial arts amateur record
|Amateur record breakdown|
|5 matches||1 win||4 losses|
|Loss||1–4||Emily Corso||Submission (armbar)||FCFF: Rumble at the Roseland 65||August 25, 2012||2||0:48||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Loss||1–3||Liz Tracy||Decision (majority)||FCFF - Caged on the Coast 6||November 5, 2011||3||3:00||Lincoln City, Oregon, United States|
|Loss||1–2||Robin Woods||Decision (split)||FCFF - Rumble at the Roseland 54||January 22, 2011||3||3:00||Portland, Oregon, United States|
|Win||1–1||Sarah McLeod||Submission (rear-naked choke)||FCFF - Caged on the Coast 3||November 6, 2010||1||0:46||Lincoln City, Oregon, United States|
|Loss||0–1||Patricia Vidonic||TKO (punches)||Alive MMA - First Friday Fights 7||March 5, 2010||1||2:38||Milwaukie, Oregon, United States|
- "Emily Whitmire". Sherdog.
- "Emily Whitmire". mixedmartialarts.com.
- "Emily Whitmire". fightmatrix.com.
- Staff (2017-08-05). "'The Ultimate Fighter 26' cast revealed: Who's vying to become 1st UFC women's flyweight champ?". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-08-06.
- Alexander K. Lee (2017-11-01). "The Ultimate Fighter 26, Episode 8 results: Emily Whitmire vs. Christina Marks". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- Alexander K. Lee (2017-11-08). "The Ultimate Fighter 26, Episode 9 results: Roxanne Modafferi vs. Emily Whitmire, DeAnna Bennett vs. Sijara Eubanks". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- Bryan Tucker (2017-12-02). "TUF 26 Results: Montano vs. Modafferi". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- Bryan Tucker (2018-07-08). "UFC 226 Results: Miocic vs. Cormier". mmafighting.com. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- Professional MMA record for Emily Whitmire from SherdogLua error in Module:WikidataCheck at line 23: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).
- "Emily Whitmire". UFC.com.
|This biographical article related to mixed martial arts is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Emily Whitmire (fighter)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Emily Whitmire (fighter). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.