Toronto, Ontario, Canada
|Headquarters 🏙️||Waterloo, Ontario, CA|
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
EnPowered is a Canadian energy management organization, established in 2015. The company groups together consumers and businesses to get a lower group-buying rate for energy and control their energy usage as well as costs.
The company introduced the group-buying system, where customers that use at least 50 percent of their electricity during the day are placed in one group. The group then turns into a larger volume with more customers added, allowing them to pay less. According to the company, users are mandated to sign up with their local hydro account number.
According to The Record's Terry Pender, in an effort to reduce electricity bills for customers in Ontario, the company in 2019 "launched a software platform that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to navigate a complicated energy conservation program".
- "EnPowered Launches into Energy Saving - StartUp HERE Toronto". StartUp HERE Toronto. 9 May 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Why I made my StartUp Pledge | StartUp Pledge". StartUp Pledge. 4 November 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "Eye on electricity rates | Tomas van Stee, HBA '13". Ivey Business School. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- "New business says group-buying will save some homeowners money on hydro, gas bills". Ottawa Sun. Ottawa Sun. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- "EnPowered launches into energy saving – Velocity". velocity.uwaterloo.ca. University of Waterloo. May 10, 2016. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Stevenson, Verity (July 15, 2016). "Group-buying hydro startup hopes to cut bills". thestar.com. Toronto Star. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Stevenson, Verity (15 July 2016). "Group-buying hydro startup hopes to cut bills | OurWindsor.ca". OurWindsor.ca. Retrieved 18 July 2017.
- Butler, Don (2016-05-02). "New business says group-buying will save some homeowners money on hydro, gas bills". Ottawa Citizen. Retrieved 2016-12-20.
- Pender, Terry (2019-02-07). "AI Platform Powers Savings For Kitchener Startup's Customers". The Record. Retrieved 2019-02-19.
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "EnPowered" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:EnPowered. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.