Faith Kane is a Senior Lecturer and leader of the Textiles programme at Massey University College of Creative Arts in Wellington, Aotearoa New Zealand.
Kane holds a BA (Hons) Woven Textile Design (Loughborough University, UK) and a PhD, also from Loughborough. Her PhD thesis was entitled Designing nonwovens: craft and industrial perspectives and was completed in 2007.
Kane teaches at the undergraduate level and supervises postgraduates, including PhD students at Massey University. Previously she was a lecturer in textiles, and leader of the Textiles Research Group at The School of the Arts, Loughborough University, UK. Prior to this she taught constructed textiles at De Montfort University.
Kane is an Editor of Journal of Textile Design Research and Practice (first edition published November 2013 by Bloomsbury, now published by Taylor & Francis).
- Kane, F. (2016) Applications of Nonwovens in Home Furnishings in Advances in Technical Nonwovens, Ed. Kelly, G. Woodhead Publishing, ISBN 978-0-08-100575-0 Search this book on .
- Kane, F (2010) Nonwoven Textiles for Residential and Commercial Interiors in Applications of Nonwovens in Technical Textiles, Ed. Chapman, RA Woodhead Publishing, pp.136-158, ISBN 978-1-84569-437-1 Search this book on .
- Kane, F (2009) Nonwovens in Smart Clothes and Wearable Technologies, Ed Bryson, D and McCann, J. Woodhead Publishing, ISBN 9781845693572 Search this book on .
Events, presentations, courses
- Kane, F (2009) Laser Patterned Nowovens, Laser Institute of America 28th International Congress on Application of Lasers and Electro-Optics, Vol 102, 2nd - 5th November, Orlando, FL, USA
- Kane, F (2009) Laser Patterned Nonwovens, Cutting Edge, Lasers and Creativity (Symposium Visual Presentation), 4th November, Loughborough University, UK, http://www.cuttingedgesymposium.com/about/
- Kane, F (2009) Nonwovens for Interior Spaces; Translucency and Texture (Poster), Integration of Design and Science: Light Materials, Colour and Environment (Symposium Poster), Royal Institute of British Architects, 24th June, London
- Kane F (2006) Designing Nonwovens: Industrial and Craft Perspectives, 6th Autex Conference, 11th - 14th June, NC State University, USA
- Kane, F (2006) Designing Nonwovens: Industrial and Craft Perspectives, Whats Happening in Nonwovens? Nonwovens Network Seminar (Presentation), 29th June, Leeds
- Kane, F (2005) Nonwoven Fabric 1 in Visions in Textiles: From Tradition to Textile Art/Design of Tomorrow (Exhibition), Izmir State Art and Sculpture Museum, 15th September - 8th October, Turkey, ISBN 975-441-223-5 Search this book on .
- Kane (Brown), F (2004) A Collaborative Affair: Contemporary Textile Practice, Challenging Craft. 8th - 10th September, Gray's School of Art, Aberdeen, ISBN 190108583X Search this book on .
- Kane (Brown), F (2003) Considering Industrial and Craft Perspectives in the Construction of Nonwoven Textiles, Fibrous Assemblies at the Design and Engineering Interface, INTEDEC Conference Exhibition, 22nd-24th September, Edinburgh, ISBN 0-9546162-0-0 Search this book on .
- "College of Creative Arts, Massey University Wellington - Faith Kane". creative.massey.ac.nz. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- Kane, Faith (2007). Designing nonwovens: craft and industrial perspectives (Thesis thesis). © Faith Kane.
- "Journal of Textile Design Research and Practice". www.tandfonline.com. Retrieved 2019-01-08.
- Kellie, George (2016-05-17). Advances in technical nonwovens. Kellie, George. Duxford, UK. ISBN 9780081005842. OCLC 950690395. Search this book on
- Applications of nonwovens in technical textiles. Chapman, Roger., Textile Institute (Manchester, England). Cambridge, U.K.: Woodhead Publishing in association with the Textile Institute. 2010. ISBN 9781613443835. OCLC 742650081. Search this book on
- Smart clothes and wearable technology. McCann, J. Cambridge: Woodhead Publishing Ltd. 2009. ISBN 9781845695668. OCLC 798341525. Search this book on
- Visions in textiles : from tradition to textile art/design of tomorrow : Tekstilde yeni vizyonlar : gelenekten tekstil sanatina/yarinin tasarimina. Özay Demirkan, Suhandan., European Textile Network., International Textile Art Exhibition. <2005, İzmir>. Balcova, Turkey: Republic of Turkey Ministry of Culture and Tourism, Izmir State Art and Sculpture Museum. 2005. ISBN 978-9754412239. OCLC 369717443. Search this book on
- Challenging craft : International conference 8th-10th September 2004, Gray's School of Art, Aberdeen. Gray's School of Art. Aberdeen: Grays School of Art. 2004. ISBN 978-1901085839. OCLC 62890374. Search this book on
- Fibrous assemblies at the design and engineering interface : book of proceedings : International Textile Design and Engineering Conference, INTEDEC 2003, 22nd-24th September 2003, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh, UK. [Edinburgh]: Heriot-Watt University. 2003. ISBN 978-0954616205. OCLC 53823680. Search this book on
- Personal website of Dr Faith Kane
- PhD thesis on the Loughborough University Research Repository
- Dr Faith Kane on LinkedIn
- A video featuring Dr Faith Kane on the New Zealand Education website
|This biographical article about a New Zealand academic is a stub. You can help EverybodyWiki by expanding it.|
This article "Faith Kane" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Faith Kane. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.