Faith and Culture Center, Medellin
|Purpose||Personal and organizational development|
|Rev. Francisco José de Roux Rengifo, SJ|
Faith and Culture Center, Medellin, Colombia, was founded by the Society of Jesus to promote through lectures, workshops, and publications the further enhancement of Colombian culture with Christian values, with respect for a plurality of religions and peoples.
The center promotes reflection and debate on the ethical crisis of society and the appropriation of values that guarantee commitment to justice, equity and plurality, including respect for different cultures and religions and historical memory, and for the environment. The Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius of Loyola are also promoted.
All the programs can accommodate from 25 to 30 people.
Personal Formation program requires 45 hours of workshops, presentations, videos, experience sharing, reflection, and discussion, The objective is to raise awareness of the interior sources that feed their lives and to foster a permanent attitude of discernment. Themes that are explored include cultural plurality and the equal dignity of all.
Memories and walking requires 92 hours with the objective of recognizing the value of their professional work, to assess their talents and to examine the social context and cultural world. Transforming conflict through skills in leadership is also a theme.
Conference for Human Growth in Organizations is a one-day workshop designed to help organizations and institutions to convey to their personnel a sense of mission based on the values specific to the work.
Program for the Integral Development of the Corporate Human Talent offers workshops intended to develop leadership skills in managers and requires three hours per week for ten weeks. Business ethics, dealing with labor conflicts, and participative community are some of the topics covered.
Progoff Intensive Diary requires 45 hours and uses Jungian methods to take a closer look at one's own life and purpose.
Diploma, Youth Training for Political Advocacy uses experiential education to develop in youth the skills to contribute to the empowerment of communities through political and civic formation.
The Center serves as a venue for public lectures and book launchings. It also sponsors lecture series, as on the role of the Catholic Church during 200 years of national history, consisting in six lectures in conjunction with EAFIT University and the National University of Colombia at Medellín.
Lectures and publications sponsored by the Center range over topics such as: discernment and encounter with the other, interpreting and living the present moment in Colombia, a conference and concert on "Music and the arts bring us closer to the mercy of God," reconciliation and peace, women in the midst of the Colombian conflict, meeting for solidarity graced by an Andean music concert, and promotion of a clean and transparent electoral campaign,
- Official website (in Spanish)
- WEB, EDICIÓN. "El padre Francisco José de Roux es el nuevo director del Centro de Fe y Culturas". Periódico Vivir en El Poblado (in español). Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- "Centro de Fe y Culturas: Sin Memoria no hay Futuro". jesuitas.org.co (in español). Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- Administrator. "¿Quiénes somos?". www.centrofeyculturas.org.co (in español). Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- Arroyave, Juan Pablo. "¿Qué buscamos?". www.centrofeyculturas.org.co (in español). Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- Arroyave, Juan Pablo. "¿Qué hacemos?". www.centrofeyculturas.org.co (in español). Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- "Curso de formación humana en el Centro de Fe y Culturas". www.elcolombiano.com (in español). Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- "Centro Fe y Culturas de Colombia continúa con Experiencia de Formación | CPAL - Conferencia de Provinciales Jesuitas en América Latina". www.cpalsj.org (in español). Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- CFCS2012. "Programas de Formación del Ser". www.centrofeyculturas.org.co (in español). Retrieved 2017-04-08.
- Perez, Carlos. "Miércoles en el Centro de Fe y Culturas". www.sanignacio.edu.co (in español). Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- Webmaster. "Noticias del Centro de Fe y Culturas en Medellín". www.acodesi.org.co. Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- "La historia se deja leer y analizar en el Centro de Fe y Culturas - Centro Virtual de Noticias de Educación". www.mineducacion.gov.co. Retrieved 2017-04-09.
- "Sitio web de la Compania de Jesus en Colombia". jesuitas.org.co. Retrieved 2017-04-08.
This article "Faith and Culture Center, Medellin" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Faith and Culture Center, Medellin. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.