Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Ferruccio Rossi-Landi (Milan, 1 March 1921 – Trieste, 5 May 1985) was an Italian philosopher, an academician and a semiotician.
As a researcher in semiotics, philosophy, political economy, social sciences and anthropology, he has considerably contributed to the development of semiotics and philosophy of language in Italy, with the aim of unifying the European and Anglo-american traditions.
In 1945 he graduates in humanities at the University of Milan, and in 1951 in philosophy at the University of Pavia. He will pursue his studies in Oxford until 1953.
From 1958 to 1962, he taught philosophy at the University of Padua. He had lived abroad during several years, teaching in the United States from 1962 to 1963, first at the University of Michigan at Ann Arbor and then at the University of Texas at Austin.
He had then lectured as a professor in philosophy of history at the University of Lecce. In 1977 he had been in charge of teaching theoretical philosophy at the University of Trieste.
His works can be subdivised in three phases. The first phase starts from the 1950s and regards studies on Charles Morris[disambiguation needed], and the analysis of meaning processes and parlare comune (ordinary language).
The second phase covers all the 1960s. Rossi-Landi proposes a theory about linguistic and sign production, intended as the theory of linguistic and non-linguistic work, which base is the homology[disambiguation needed] between linguistics and economics.
The third phase takes place from 1970 to 1985: Rossi-Landi studies the intricate relationship between language and ideology, and theorises the phenomenon of linguistic alienation.
- Charles Morris, Bocca, Milano, 1953
- Charles Morris: lineamenti di una teoria dei segni, Manni, Lecce, 1954
- Significato, comunicazione e parlare comune, Marsilio, Padova, 1961
- Il linguaggio come lavoro e come mercato, Bompiani, Milano, 1968
- Semiotica e ideologia, Bompiani, Milano, 1972
- Dialektik und entfremdung in der sprache, Francoforte sul Meno, 1973
- Ideology of linguistic relativity, L'Aia, 1973
- Linguistics and economics, L'Aia, 1974
- Charles Morris e la semitica novecentesca, Bompiani, Milano, 1975
- Ideologia, Mondadori, Milano, 1978
- Metodica filosofica e scienza dei segni, Bompiani, Milano, 1985
- Between signs and non-signs, Amsterdam, 1992 (posthumous)
- Il corpo del testo tra riproduzione sociale ed eccedenza, 2002 (posthumous)
- Scritti su G. Ryle e la filosofia analitica, il Poligrafo, Padova, 2003 (posthumous)
|This article contains a translation of [/index.php?title=It:Ferruccio_Rossi-Landi&oldid=85767046 Ferruccio Rossi-Landi] from [/It: it.wikipedia].|
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Ferruccio Rossi-Landi" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ferruccio Rossi-Landi. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.