Fox Sports Japan Inc.

From EverybodyWiki Bios & Wiki


Fox Sports Japan Inc.
FOX Sports logo.svg
Joint venture
ISIN🆔
FateDissolved; production duties assumed by Fox International Channels Japan
Founded 📆2012; 11 years ago (2012)
Founder 👔
DefunctDecember 2014 (2014-12)
Headquarters 🏙️,
Japan
Area served 🗺️
Owners
  • Fox International Channels Japan (21st Century Fox) (60%)
  • TV Bank (SoftBank Group) (40%)
Members
Number of employees
🌐 Website[Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 665: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). ] 
📇 Address
📞 telephone

Fox Sports Japan Inc. (Japanese: Fox Sports ジャパン株式会社) was a joint venture between Fox International Channels Japan (a subsidiary of FOX Entertainment Group),[1] which owned 60% of shares, and TV Bank (a subsidiary of SoftBank), which owned the remaining 40%. Established in 2012, the company produced televised coverage of sporting events for FIC Japan's television channel, Fox Sports and Entertainment (FSE); certain coverages were also broadcast on Fox and/or Fox Movies Premium in the event FSE was met with scheduling conflict.[2][3][4][5]

The company mainly produced the coverage of the home games of Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks baseball team, but it also produced coverage of other events.[6]

In December 2014, it was announced that Fox Sports Japan Inc. would wind up its businesses after two years, and FIC Japan would subsequently oversee the production of sporting event coverages.[7][8]

On August 1, 2015 Fox Sports Japan website moved from its own domain to Fox International Channels website.[9]

Content[edit]

The company produced the televised coverage of the following sporting events that were shown on Fox Sports & Entertainment (with some being shown only on Fox, and vice versa).[10]

Association football[edit]

  • Nadeshiko League
  • Bundesliga
  • Serie A
  • Premier League
  • FA Cup

Baseball[edit]

  • Fukuoka SoftBank Hawks
  • B.League

Boxing[edit]

  • Glory

Mixed martial arts[edit]

  • UFC

Motor racing[edit]

References[edit]

  1. "FOX SPORTS Japan and FOX International Channels (Japan) | EIZO". www.eizoglobal.com. Retrieved 2020-07-06.
  2. "FOX SPORTS ジャパン株式会社のプレスリリース(最新配信日:2015年2月5日 14時00分)|プレスリリース配信・掲載のPR TIMES". プレスリリース・ニュースリリース配信シェアNo.1|PR TIMES.
  3. "FOX SPORTS ジャパン株式会社/FOXインターナショナル・チャンネルズ株式会社 様 | EIZO株式会社". www.eizo.co.jp.
  4. "FOXインターナショナル・チャンネルズのリリース" (PDF).
  5. TVバンクのリリース
  6. "「FOX SPORTS ジャパン株式会社」のプレスリリース一覧(1) - 財経新聞". www.zaikei.co.jp.
  7. 長谷川 博 (16 December 2014). FOX SPORTS ジャパンが「FOXスポーツ&エンターテイメント」への番組提供を終了へ. Nikkei New Media. Retrieved 10 July 2019 – via Nikkei Cross Tech.
  8. FOXスポーツジャパン、2年余で事業終了. Bunka Tsushin. 24 December 2014. Retrieved 10 July 2019 – via eiga.com.
  9. "ニュース". FOXインターナショナル・チャンネルズ. 2015-08-01. Retrieved 2015-08-09.
  10. "毎節 1 試合放送、一部試合は生中継でお届け!2016 プレナスなでしこリーグ 1 部FOX スポーツ&エンターテイメントで放送決定!のリリース" (PDF).
  11. FIA フォーミュラ E チャンピオンシップFOXスポーツ&エンターテイメントで全10戦放送決定!のリリース


{{draft categories|




This article "Fox Sports Japan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Fox Sports Japan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.