|Born||Frederick Marvin Tiesenga|
May 20, 1965
Chicago, Illinois, U.S.
|🏫 Education||University of Illinois at Chicago|
Surgeon, Author, Speaker
💵 Salary :
|Known for||Minimally Invasive Surgery, Robotic Assisted Surgery, Bariatric Surgery|
|👩 Spouse(s)||Jucy Tiesenga|
|👴 👵 Parent(s)|
|🌐 Website||Dr. Tiesenga|
Frederick Marvin Tiesenga (born May 20, 1965) is an American bariatric surgeon known for his work in laparoscopic and robotic surgery.
Tiesenga was born in Chicago, Illinois, the son of Marvin Tiesenga and Ardythe Tiesenga. He was raised in River Forest, Illinois, and has one brother and three sisters.
Frederick Tiesenga specializes in bariatric surgery with an emphasis toward minimally invasive, laparoscopic and robotic surgeries. Dr. Tiesenga performs approximately 1,300 surgical cases per year. Tiesenga also does speaking engagements nationally relating to bariatric and robotic surgery.
Tiesenga is the author of two books.
His latest book is titled: I Do Until I Don’t: A Surgeon’s Story of Divorce and Healing .
Elected Offices Held
- President, Illinois Association of Bariatric Surgeons
- President, Illinois Reflux Society
- President of Medical Staff, West Suburban Hospital
- Treasurer of Medical Staff, Westlake Hospital
- Chairman of Surgery, West Suburban Hospital
- Board Member, AMIRF foundation
Tiesenga ran for the 2019 Crystal Lake Park District Commissioner position.
Tiesenga and his wife Jucy live in Chicago, Illinois. He has three children; Austin, Hannah, and Jen. Frederick is an avid outdoor sports enthusiast who enjoys water skiing, jet skiing, and snowmobiling.
- Sanni, Ryan & Mellacheruvu, Sandeep & Tiesenga, Frederick. (2019). Pseudobulbar Affect Citation: Sanni R, Tiesenga FM, Mellacheruvu S. Pseudobulbar affect [published online August 29, 2019]. Consultant360. Peer Reviewed Online Publication Sanni, R., & Tiesenga, FM., & Mellacheruvu, S,,. (2019, August 29). Pseudobulbar affect.
- Sanni, Ryan & Tiesenga, Frederick & Schubert, Charles & Jorge, Jaquito & Mellacheruvu, Sandeep. (2019). Peer Reviewed Journal Articles/Abstracts Sanni, R.R., & Tiesenga, F.M., & Schubert, C.B., & Jorge, J.M., & Mellacheruvu S.. Cardiac Sarcoidosis. Cardiac Sarcoidosis. 2019, Jun; 59(6): 189-192. Cited in PubMed; PMID: Consultant. Pub Status: Published.. Consultant. Volume 59. 189-192.
- Patel, Samarth & Tiesenga, Frederick & Stanco, Tina & Mohammed, Denelle & Alexida, Lincey. (2018). Surgical Management of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy in Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Elyns Group - Archives of Case Reports in Clinical Medicine.
- Alexida, Lincey & Qi, Xiaohua & Asdell, Patrick & Landrón, José & Patel, Samarth & Frederick, Faustino & Allongo, Faustino & Tiesenga, Frederick. (2017). Laparoscopic Adjustable Gastric Band as a Revision Surgery for Failed Vertical Gastric Sleeve or Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass. International Archives of Medicine. 4. 37-42.
- Giovannetti, Andres & Lutfi, Rami & Tiesenga, Frederick. (2017). Struggling To Reach: Antecolic To Retrocolic Conversion. Surgery for Obesity and Related Diseases. 13.
- Lincey Alexida, Frederick M. Tiesenga. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy for biliary dyskinesia in patient with an extended spectrum of ejection fraction on hepatobiliary iminodiacetic acid scan. IAIM, 2017; 4(11): 14-17.
- Cheregi JR, Tiesenga F, Torquati A, Lutfi R. Initial learning experience of laparoendoscopic single site (LESS) gastric banding: finding predictors of success. Obesity Surgery. 2012 Mar;22(3):433-436. DOI: 10.1007/s11695-011-0552-5.
- Kudsi, Omar Yusef, et al. "Cosmesis, patient satisfaction, and quality of life after da Vinci Single-Site cholecystectomy and multiport laparoscopic cholecystectomy: short-term results from a prospective, multicenter, randomized, controlled trial." Surgical endoscopy 31.8 (2017): 3242-3250.
- Besic, LeRoy R., George Krawzoff, and Marvin F. Tiesenga. "Limy bile syndrome." JAMA 193.3 (1965): 245-246.
- Tiesenga, F., J. Wang, and C. Crews. "Adverse reactions to titanium surgical staples in a patient after cholecystectomy." CRSLS e2014 3056 (2014).
- "Shout Out: Ardythe Noorlag Tiesenga, Oak Brook wife, mother, registered nurse, artist and contractor".
- "STATE OF ILLINOIS HEALTH FACILITIES AND SERVICES REVIEW BOARD" (PDF).
- "Robotic Surgery and Speeches:".
- "WESTLAKE, WEST SUB SURGEON IS ALSO BEST-SELLING AUTHOR".
- Tiesenga, Frederick (January 15, 2019). The LAP-BAND® Simplified: What you need to know about gastric banding + over 40 bariatric friendly recipes. Self Published. ISBN 978-1790586189. Search this book on ?tag=everybodywikien-20
- Tiesenga, Frederick (September 17, 2019). I Do Until I Don’t: A Surgeon’s Story of Divorce and Healing. Self Published. ISBN 978-1692825119. Search this book on ?tag=everybodywikien-20
- "Election 2019: Frederick M. Tiesenga, Crystal Lake Park Board".
- "Crystal Lake Park District candidates sound off".
This article "Frederick Tiesenga" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Frederick Tiesenga. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.