|Initial release||1 July 2008|
126.96.36.199 / 22 February 2018
|Written in||C++ with Qt, C#|
|Operating system||Microsoft Windows|
|Available in||23 languages|
Free Studio is a freeware set of multimedia programs developed by DVDVideoSoft. The programs are available in one integrated package and also as separate downloads ("Free Studio Manager" is included in both).
Overview[edit | edit source]
Free Studio consists of 48 programs, grouped into eight sections: YouTube, MP3 & Audio, CD-DVD-BD, DVD & Video, Photo & Images, Mobiles, Apple Devices, and 3D. The largest group is DVD & Video section. It contains 14 different applications. Mobiles section is the second largest group with 13 programs. However, the YouTube section, particularly YouTube downloading programs, has gained more popularity among users. The programs have been tested and endorsed by a dozen of software portals and have won awards from these sites. As far as demographics is concerned, Free Studio has the highest popularity in Germany, Greece, Italy and the United States. It is also popular in Japan, France and the United Kingdom. Some of the programs in the package are open source.
The developer[edit | edit source]
DVDVideoSoft project was launched in 2006. The founders distributed paid software as an affiliate at the beginning, later their own products appeared on the site. Free YouTube Download was the first successful program, then DVDVideoSoft created and launched several other 'Free YouTube' applications. Later on upon users' requests DVDVideoSoft started developing other kinds of applications including media converters etc. Today DVDVideoSoft offers 49 different multimedia programs. 
Features[edit | edit source]
DVDVideoSoft YouTube programs can be used to download YouTube videos in their original format and convert them to AVI, DVD, MP4, WMV etc. or different audio formats. YouTube section contains Free Video Call Recorder for Skype button, but the program itself is not included into FS installation (it has to be downloaded and installed separately).
The 'MP3 & Audio' section consists of the programs which convert audio files between different formats, convert audio files to Flash for web, extract audio from video files, edit audio files (Free Audio Dub), rip and burn CDs.
Enclosed in the CD-DVD-BD section are the applications that enable users to burn files and folders to discs, to convert videos to a DVD format and vice versa, to burn CDs, and to copy CDs into digital music files.
The 'DVD and Video' section contains several desktop video and DVD converters. Some of the programs can flip, rotate and cut (Free Video Dub) videos. One of the most popular programs from the section is Free Video Dub. Converted videos are now, contrary to previous versions, watermarked if no paid membership is present.
The 'Mobiles' section contains a dozen video converters for various mobile devices such as cell phones, Tablets and Game consoles. They convert videos to play them on (BlackBerry, HTC, LG phones, Sony/Sony Ericsson, Nintendo, Xbox, Motorola phones, etc.)
The 'Photo & Images' section incorporates the programs for image conversion and resizing, extracting JPEG frames from videos (Free Video To JPEG Converter), recording screen activities, making screenshots (Free Screen Recorder).
Supported formats[edit | edit source]
Video formats[edit | edit source]
Input: .avi; .ivf; .div; .divx; .mpg; .mpeg; .mpe; .mp4; .m4v; .wmv; .asf; .webm; .mkv; .mov; .qt; .ts; .mts; .m2t; .m2ts; .mod; .tod; .vro; .dat; .3gp2; .3gpp; .3gp; .3g2; .dvr-ms; .flv; .f4v; .amv; .rm; .rmm; .rv; .rmvb; .ogv; DVD video
Audio formats[edit | edit source]
Image formats[edit | edit source]
Output: .jpg, .png, .bmp, .gif, .tga, .pdf
Operating system support[edit | edit source]
Free Studio runs under Windows XP/Vista/7/8/10 (but not Windows RT). If the version of .NET Framework installed doesn't meet the minimal requirements, then the setup assistant offers to install it from the Microsoft website.
Advertisement[edit | edit source]
On March 24, 2017 DVDVideoSoft announced that it stopped showing other products ads during the installation.
See also[edit | edit source]
Others articles of the Topic Software : JQuarks, Kissht, Altaro, Software engineering, RigER, Dexecure, Windows 10 version history
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
References[edit | edit source]
- “All-terrain format converter”, by Niamh Lynch, December 18, 2009.
- DVDVideoSoft Free Studio, review.
- DVDVideoSoft Review, by Kumara Velu, August 19, 2010.
- DVDVideoSoft - Alexa Audience Demographics for Dvdvideosoft.com
- , Seattle Post, August 22, 2013.
- DVDVideoSoft (general information).
- Statistics for dvdvideosoft.com, Alexa Internet.
- How to Use DVD Video Soft to Put YouTube on Your iPod, last edited on May 2, 2011.
- Download & Convert YouTube Videos for iPod with DVDVideoSoft Archived 2011-07-24 at the Wayback Machine, by Dean Sherwin, August 14, 2009.
- From YouTube to Your iPod, by Jan Ozer, May 2, 2007.
- DVDVideoSoft FreeStudio Is Complete All-In-One Multimedia Converter And Burner, by Usman, February 2, 2011.
- DVDVideoSoft Free Studio Review Archived 2011-06-25 at the Wayback Machine, by Pamela S Stevens.
- DVDVideoSoft Converters for iPod, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV Archived 2011-07-10 at the Wayback Machine, July 28, 2010.
- Free 3D Photo Maker 2.0: DVDVideoSoft erzeugt kostenfrei 3D-Fotos, July 16, 2010.
- DVDVideoSoft 3D Photo Maker 2.0 – Freeware für 3D-Bilder, by Joachim Sauer, July 20, 2010.
- Lebendige Fotos und Videos: Tool verwandelt 2D in 3D, krone.at, March 14, 2011.
- List of Software Installers That Bundle Unwanted Addon / Toolbars
- DVDVideoSoft Free Studio 5.0.13 Archived 2013-01-15 at the Wayback Machine, review.
- Format-Konverter für alle Anwendungen und Geräte, Free Studio, review.
- Free Studio, Der Multimedia-Profi Free Studio konvertiert Formate und ermöglicht das Bearbeiten von MP3 und Co., by Sandra Adlesgruber, July 15, 2010.
- Free Studio 5.05 Archived 2012-05-18 at the Wayback Machine, review.
- "No more ads in the apps! | DVDVideoSoft News". www.dvdvideosoft.com. Retrieved 2017-05-18.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Free Studio" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Free Studio. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.