George H. Lewis
Lewis has traveled in more than 90 countries, out which he spent several years living in the Middle East; he was “Court Painter” for the Sultan of Oman between 2009-2011. The region had a considerable impact on his work and inspired his “Gender and Sexuality in the Middle East” collection.
He has lectured at the United Nations, Harvard, and the Museum of Modern Art (MOMA), and serves as an advisor to Gross National Happiness USA (GNHUSA).GNHUSA He previously served on the executive and/or advisory board of the Ibrahim Family Foundation, the Tannenbaum Foundation, the Gross National Happiness Emissary program, and the Center for Ethnic, Racial & Religious Understanding (CERRU).
‘The Boy and the Boy King’ is an illustrated picture book written for both adults and children, co-authored by George H. Lewis and A.D. Lubow and illustrated by George H. Lewis.
- 2019 - Gould Guggenheim Estate: Sands Point Preserve Conservancy 2019. “May we All grow up to be Children” an exhibition of illustrations from his book “The Boy and the boy King”
- 2018 - May We All Grow Up to Be Children, Westchester Children’s Museum 2018;
- 2017 - The Consciousness of Water, NYU Wagner Gallery. Manhattan, NY; The launch of “Neptune in Pisces” New York
- 2016 - The Body Water, Chelsea Gallery, New York City; Joint Exhibition with Travis Hanson, Los Angeles, CA; A Celebration of Bhutan, Salomon Gallery, New York City; The Pastoral Landscape in the Present Tense, Salomon Gallery, New York City
- 2015 - Sexuality & Gender in the Middle East, Lu Magnus Gallery, New York City;
- 2014 - Green Abu Dhabi, hosted by Sheikh Nayhan, Minister of Culture UAE; Ahlan Art, London, and Dubai; Singapore Art Fair
- Actress Tea Leoni
- Author Caroline Myss
- Bear Grylls (Adventurer, Explorer, Man vs Wild Discovery Channel)
- Ben Doller Chairman of Sotheby’s Auctioneers
- Bob Thurman, Founder and President of the Tibet House New York
- Frank Griswold, 25th Presiding Bishop of the Episcopal Church
- Her Royal Highness Camilla Rosemary Sand, The Duchess of Cornwall, Wife of Charles, Prince of Wales, United Kingdom
- His Excellency Sayyid Badr bin Hamad bin Hamoud Albusaidi, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Oman
- His Excellency Zaki Anwar Nuseibeh, Minister of the United Arab Emirates
- His Highness Sheikh Nahyan bin Mubarak Al Nahyan, Minister of Culture, Youth, and Social Development, United Arab Emirates
- His Majesty Qaboos Bin Said, The Sultan of Oman
- His Royal Highness Jigme Khesar Namgyel Wangchuck, The King of Bhutan
- His Royal Highness Khalifa bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan
- His Royal Highness Prince Hassan Bin Talal of Jordan
- His Royal Highness Queen Dorji Wangmo Wangchuck, The Queen Mother of Bhutan
- President Obasanjo of Nigeria
- The Rt. Hon. Kevin Rudd, the 26th Prime Minister of Australia
- Royal Bank of Scotland
- World Trade Organization
- Microsoft Corporation – Tim Turito, General Manager of Government for Public Sector of Microsoft
- National Museum in Kuwait (Kuwait)
- National Museum in Oman (Oman)
- Ministry for Art and Culture, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- Oxford University – Wolfson College (United Kingdom)
- The Asia Society
- Center For Ethnic Racial Religious Understanding CUNY
- Van Eck Funds
- C Hoare & Co Bankers (United Kingdom)
- Chelsea Yacht and Boat Company (United Kingdom)
- Dolphin Energy (United Arab Emirates)
- English National Ballet (United Kingdom)
- Four Seasons Hotel, New York City, (USA)
- First Reserve Corporation (USA and United Kingdom)
- Indian Harbor Yacht Club (USA)
- Miral (United Arab Emirates)
- "Transcendentalism by George H. Lewis - Patricia Christie Art Gallery - Ref No.01102". www.patriciachristie.com. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "Spring 2019 Issue Out Now | Conscious Lifestyle Magazine". www.consciouslifestylemag.com. 2019-03-04. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "The Age of 'Neptune in Pisces' Is Here". sagharborexpress.com. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- "George H Lewis and his visions of the East - News - Artists & Illustrators - Original art for sale direct from the artist". www.artistsandillustrators.co.uk. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
- Kaminer, Brian (2018-04-23). "George H. Lewis joins GNHUSA's advisory board". Gross National Happiness USA. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- "Grenning Gallery | Hamptons Fine Art, Sag Harbor | Paintings, Sculpture, Bridgehampton, East Hampton, Southampton, New York". www.grenninggallery.com. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- "Westchester Children's Museum — May We All Grow Up to be Children". Westchester Children's Museum. Retrieved 2019-03-10.
- "George Lewis' THE CONSCIOUSNESS OF WATER Gallery Reception | NYU Wagner". wagner.nyu.edu. Retrieved 2019-03-13.
This article "George H. Lewis" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:George H. Lewis. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.