George Washington Bolton
George Washington Bolton (September 15, 1841 - 1931) was a state legislator, businessman, and school board member in Rapides Parish, Louisiana.
A businessman and banker, founded the former Rapides Bank and Trust Company in Alexandria, Louisiana. It later merged into Bank One Corporation. In 1900, he was the first president of the Louisiana Bankers Association. He was one of the founders of Emmanuel Baptist Church in downtown Alexandria. G. W. Bolton served as a member of the Rapides Parish School Board.
He was a leading member of the Pineville mason fraternal organization.
James W. Bolton was his son and Al Bolton his grandson.
Bolton High School in Alexandria is named for him.
- List of speakers of the Louisiana House of Representatives
- Spletstoser, Fredrick Marcel (April 19, 2005). Talk of the Town: The Rise of Alexandria, Louisiana, and the Daily Town Talk. LSU Press. ISBN 9780807129340 – via Google Books. Search this book on
- "Bankers Magazine". Bradford Rhodes. April 19, 1901 – via Google Books.
- Goodspeed, Weston Arthur (April 19, 1904). "Louisiana, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Indian territory". Weston historical association – via Google Books.
- Representatives, Louisiana Legislature House of (April 19, 1908). "Official Journal of the Proceedings of the House of Representatives of the State of Louisiana". State of Louisiana. – via Google Books.
- "Photograph of George Washington Bolton". Louisiana Digital Library.
- "Letter from George Washington Bolton to Malvina Bolton January 26, 1863". Louisiana Digital Library.
This article, George Washington Bolton, has recently been created via the Articles for creation process. The reviewer is in the process of closing the request, and this tag should be removed soon.
Script error: No such module "AfC submission catcheck".
This article "George Washington Bolton" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:George Washington Bolton. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.