Did you know a wiki could be used internally in your company ? For better knowledge management and internal communication. Less email and office files. 30 days free trial. (Ad)
Ghost Note (film)
|Directed by||Troy Hart|
|Produced by||B. Haymer-Coleman|
|Written by||Troy Hart|
|Music by||Angelo Panetta|
|Distributed by||Midnight Releasing|
|August 1, 2017|
Search Ghost Note (film) on Amazon.
Ghost Note is an American horror film by independent filmmaker Troy Hart and released by Midnight Releasing in 2017. It won Best Domestic Feature at the 2017 Fort Worth Indie Film Showcase. It stars Alicia Rae Underwood, Justin Duncan, Kenny Gardner, Allyn Carrell, Earl Browning III, Todd Jenkins, Kim Foster, Cassie Shea Watson and Stephen Brodie. It was produced by B. Haymer-Coleman and Skyclad Entertainment, and shot on location in Dallas, Texas.
- Alicia Rae Underwood as Mallory
- Justin Duncan as Rodney
- Kenny Gardner as Eugene Burns
- Allyn Carrell as Grandma
- Earl Browning III as Milton
- Todd Jenkins as Xander (Mr. X)
- Kim Foster as Lilith
- Cassie Shea Watson as Helen
- Stephen Brodie as Johnny
The movie opens with a live performance of a blues musician named Eugene Burns in 1971. The audience seems hypnotized by his playing and just stare at him emotionless. A strange man watches from the shadows with earplugs. At the end of the performance, Eugene stands and the audience doesn't move. As Eugene walks off stage, a man stands and shoots himself in the head. Then as Eugene walks to his car the man from the shadows surprises Eugene and hits him in the head with a hammer. He takes him to a workshop and chains him to a chair. He then accuses Eugene of being a demon and tortures him and then bricks him inside the wall.
Fast forward to present day and now we follow teenage girl Mallory, a mixed-up kid suffering from identity issues, as she travels with her parents to Grandma's house for Thanksgiving. She claims to be a Wiccan and does not get along very well with the rest of the family. To make matters even worse, she must sit at the kids table instead of with the adults. The kids bother her with questions about being a "witch" and convince her to perform a seance so they can "talk to the dead" while the rest of the family enjoy a friendly game of touch football. Mallory takes the kids to the dark attic for their seance and she decides to mess with them. As she recites her spell they are startled by a loud sound. Mallory investigates and finds a guitar case with the name Eugene Burns stenciled on it. On of the kids opens the case and reveals the same guitar that Eugene was playing in the opening scene. She touches the guitar and immediately sees flashes of blood and torture. Frightened, they all run back downstairs.
We soon find out that the man form the shadows was Mallory's grandfather Milton who had died eight years earlier and had been a religious zealot and all around horrible person. As everyone prepares to leave grandma's house, Mallory finds out from her parents that she has to stay with grandma for another week while her parents go to Hawaii. She rekindles her friendship with Rodney, the boy next door, and he happens to know a little about Eugene Burns. Eugene had supposedly sold his soul to the devil but to keep the devil from collecting, he record his soul into a record called "Ghost Note," that only plays backwards and made himself immortal. His guitar was possessed by a demonic force that caused anyone who heard it play would commit horrific acts of violence, hence the suicide in scene one.
Mallory is intrigued and reads her grandfather's journal. She also touches the guitar and begins seeing horrific visions and having strange nightmares. Rodney doesn't believe any of the supernatural stuff and tells Mallory she should "cast a spell" to make it all stop. When Mallory does cast the spell she only makes it worse. She discovers her grandfather's workshop and finds the record "Ghost Note" that he had apparently tried to burn. They take the record to a record store and leave it with Xander, the crazy record store owner. Xander tries to listen to the record and basically loses his mind and goes to the workshop to break to the brick wall and release Eugene back into the world to continue his reign of terror.
SearchMyTrash.com says "It spins its yarn very well, populates it with fleshed-out like-able or at least relate-able characters, sees to it that even the non-horror scenes are interesting enough to keep one watching, and the story flows along rather nicely, also helped by a subtle directorial effort and a competent cast. In all, very enjoyable genre entertainment!"
Irish Film Critic gives it 4 out of 5 stars, saying "“Ghost Note” is not a perfect film but it’s remarkably creative and is so peculiar that it is certainly memorable. Like so many titles from Midnight Releasing, “Ghost Note” might not be the best horror movie you’ve ever seen but it’s such a gloriously strange and unique film that you can love it, enjoy it, and watch how some of the weirdest concepts possible translate into film. I’d particularly recommend watching this if you’re a music nut who likes horror films."
ThatsNotCurrent.com gives it 4 out of 5 skulls, saying "Slow bits aside; Ghost Note is a fun fright flick that offers some things you haven’t seen a thousand times over, and the fact that it offers a unique villain is enough for me to recommend it alone!"
- Addicted to Horror Movies
- Aint It Cool News
- Back to the Movies
- Gruesome Magazine
- Pop Horror
- The Rotting Zombie
- Tn Horror News
- "Ghost Note".
- "Amazon.com: Ghost Note: Alicia Underwood, Justin Duncan, Troy Hart: Amazon Digital Services LLC". www.amazon.com.
- "Ghost Note". 1 August 2017 – via www.imdb.com.
- "Ghost Note - Movie Official DVD Release Information - Midnight Releasing". midnightreleasing.com.
- "2017 Awards – Fort Worth Indie Film Showcase". www.fwindie.com.
- (www.PerfectoMEDIA.com), PerfectoMEDIA - Web Design, Flash Design, Graphic Design, Web Hosting - Dallas, TX. "GHOST NOTE - Coming 2017". www.ghostnotemovie.com.
- "(re)Search my Trash". www.searchmytrash.com.
- "Movie Review: "Ghost Note" Is A Brilliant Story Marred Only By Its ExecutionMovie Review: "Ghost Note" Is A Brilliant Story Marred Only By Its Execution - Irish Film Critic". irishfilmcritic.com.
- "The Outre Eye of Daniel XIII Featuring: WTF! (2017), Ghost Note (2017), Doberman Cop (1977), and More... - That's Not Current". 22 July 2017.
- "Despite an Intriguing Premise and Worthy Villain, 'Ghost Note' Lacks Rhythm and Consistency (Review)". 21 July 2017.
- bug, ambush. "AICN HORROR: PHOENIX FORGOTTEN! KUSO! WARLOCK! GHOST NOTE! RESIDENT EVIL: VENDETTA! BENDER! BEYOND T".
- "Ghost Note Review -". bttm.co.uk.
- "Movie Review – Chris Ranson on Ghost Note (2017)". 26 July 2017.
- "Ghost Note (Movie Review) - Cryptic Rock". crypticrock.com.
- "Ghost Note, Supernatural Themed Debut Lacks Scares - DecayMag". 20 July 2017.
- "Ghost Note -". 5 August 2017.
- "Ghost Note (2017)". Freak Film Fatale.
- "Ghost Note - Review - Gore Hor". www.gorehor.com.
- "Film Review: Ghost Note (2017) - HNN". horrornews.net.
- "Ghost Note - USA, 2017 - HORRORPEDIA". 25 September 2017.
- "Film Review: GHOST NOTE (2017)". www.horrorscreamsvideovault.co.uk.
- "Ghost Note (2017) Movie Review - PopHorror". 7 August 2017.
- "Ghost Note (2017) - Horror Film Review". www.therottingzombie.co.uk.
- "Ghost Note". Tennessee Horror News.
This article "Ghost Note (film)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Ghost Note (film). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.