|Type of business||Music|
|Founded||August 6, 2009|
|Headquarters||Banstead, Surrey, UK|
GigLocator was a Surrey-based music aggregation website that had worldwide listings from major ticket providers and independent venues. The website allowed users to track when and where bands and artists were playing as well as allow users to buy tickets. GigLocator was founded in August 2009 and the website had hundreds of thousands of users at its peak in 2011 before shutting down in June 2012.
GigLocator Ltd. was founded on August 6, 2009 by James Proud after one of his friends had trouble locating tickets for a Madonna show. Proud sold the company in June 2012 to Peter Shapiro, the owner of Brooklyn Bowl, for an undisclosed amount. The GigLocator website shut down on June 19, 2012 and the company was dissolved on March 5, 2013.
- "GIGLOCATOR LIMITED :: OpenCorporates". opencorporates.com. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- "A First Exit For One of Thiel's 20 Under 20: GigLocator Sells To Brooklyn Bowl's Peter Shapiro". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- "This 24-year-old skipped the chance to be the first in his family to go to college — now he's raised $30 million to help everyone sleep better". Business Insider. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- Mac, Ryan. "Skip School, Sell Company: Meet The First Thiel Fellow To Turn A Profit". Forbes. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- "Screw college! This 20-year-old Thiel Fellow just sold his first company". VentureBeat. 2012-06-21. Retrieved 2018-12-06.
- "GigLocator". 2012-06-22. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- Corbyn, Zoë (2014-12-10). "Sense: A gadget to change the way we sleep". the Guardian. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- "HELLO INC. :: OpenCorporates". opencorporates.com. Retrieved 2018-12-06.
- "Sense sleep tracker maker Hello is shutting down". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
music aggregation website
This article "GigLocator" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:GigLocator. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.