This article does not cite any sources. (July 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Running time||1 hour|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|Home station||DZMM Radyo Patrol 630|
|Hosted by||Johnson Manabat|
|Created by||ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp.|
ABS-CBN News and Current Affairs
|Executive producer(s)||Ferdie Tobias|
|Original release||1990 – present|
|No. of episodes||n/a (airs daily)|
|Website||Gising Pilipinas on DZMM|
Gising Pilipinas (lit. Wake Up, Philippines) is an hour-long morning radio newscast of DZMM in Quezon City, Philippines. It is simulcast on DZMM TeleRadyo and The Filipino Channel. It stopped its simulcast on ANC and ABS-CBN in mid-2010. It is currently anchored by Johnson Manabat and Ricky Rosales.
Formerly a two-hour program with a Saturday edition, it is now shown on DZMM TeleRadyo And The Filipino Channel. during the weekdays from 4 a.m. to 5 a.m.
Gising Pilipinas was first anchored by Ted Failon in 1990. During Failon's hosting tenure, it aired everyday from 2:00 to 4:00 a.m.
After Failon, later hosts include Daniel Razon (1997 and 2000), Vic Lima (2000), Gerry Baja with Anthony Taberna (2001), Alvin Elchico with Cheryl Cosim (2005), Nelson Lubao with Bernadette Sembrano (2009), Vic Lima with Ricky Rosales (2011-2012), David Oro with Ricky Rosales (2012-2013), and finally Johnson Manabat with Ricky Rosales (since 2013). In the case of partnered anchors, some anchors may be involved to substitute for one of both of the partners, e.g. Toni Aquino and Jun Ibañez (RP 35).
- Agri Balita: Read by news-writer Archie Lagman, this segment features agricultural news and tips.
- Metro Pasada: This segment police reports within Metro Manila.
- Pasada Probinsya: This segment features provincial police reports and other happenings.
- World News: This segment features international news.
- Showbiz Balita: Read by MOR 101.9 DJ Cha-Cha, this features news surrounding the field of entertainment.
- Sports Balita: Read by the executive producer Ferdie Tobias, This features sports news.
- Gising Kaalaman: Read by co-anchor Ricky Rosales, this segment features trivia pertaining to the headlines, health, science, history, etc.
|This article about a radio show or program is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This article "Gising Pilipinas" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gising Pilipinas. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.