GoDaddy Inc. is an American internet domain registrar and web hosting company. They are known for hosting alt-right, anti-Semitic, and racist content.
GoDaddy was the long-term hoster of the neo-Nazi white supremacist website The Daily Stormer. In response to the death of Heather Heyer at Unite the Right rally on August 12, 2017 The Daily Stormer published an offensive article which called the woman a "Fat, Childless 32-Year-Old Slut." After publicity about the defamatory article GoDaddy said the article “could incite additional violence” and thus violated their terms of service. On August 14, 2017 they gave the website 24 hours to move to another hosting provider. The Southern Poverty Law Center noted that GoDaddy drew "criticism for months for its willingness to provide a domain name for a website 'dedicated to spreading anti-Semitism, neo-Nazism, and white nationalism."
GoDaddy hosted the far right social networking service Gab. After the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting, it was revealed that the shooter Robert G. Bowers was using a profile under the name "onedingo". Bowers posted anti-Semitic, neo-Nazi and white supremacist material. Many of his posts on Gab expressed racism against African Americans and those in interracial relationships. Nearly 20 of his posts used the n-word. On October 29, 2018 GoDaddy informed Gab they have 24 hours to move to other domain as violent content violated their terms of service.
GoDaddy has been hosting the alt-right racist wiki Rightpedia since October, 2015. Rightpedia hosts defamatory articles on anti-fascists and politicians written by admin Michael Coombs and owner Eleonora Dubiczki. The website is notorious for its disturbing imagery of dead children.
- Ong, Thuy. (2017). "Neo-nazi site Daily Stormer threatened by hosting providers and possible hackers". The Verge. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- White, Kaila. (2017). "After months of criticism, GoDaddy kicks out neo-Nazi website The Daily Stormer". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- Kelly, Ryan M. (2017). "Daily Stormer being dumped by GoDaddy". CBS News. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- McBride, Jessica. (2018). "Robert Bowers: See Squirrel Hill Suspect's Social Media". Heavy.com. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- Raymond, Adam K. (2018). "What We Know About Robert Bowers, the Alleged Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooter". Intelligencer. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- "Anti-Semitic social media posts may hold clues in fatal Pittsburgh shooting". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- Shu, Catherine. (2018). "Far-right social network Gab goes offline after GoDaddy tells it to find another domain registrar". TechCrunch. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- Byford, Sam. (2018). Gab.com goes down after GoDaddy threatens to pull domain. The Verge. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- Griffin, Andrew. (2018). "Gab.com goes down in wake of Pittsburgh shooting, after far-right social network is dropped by tech companies". The Independent. Retrieved 2018-10-29.
- "en.rightpedia.info | Who Is Hosting en.rightpedia.info?" WhoIsHostingThis.com.
- Eg. Abe Foxman, Anetta Kahane, Leonard Zeskind.