|Joint Secretary, Indian National Congress|
February 2018 – Present
|Advisor, Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh|
September 2014 – November 2017
|Born||17 April 1989|
Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, India
|Parents||Dinesh Butail (Father), Rachita Butail (Mother)|
|Residence||Palampur, Himachal Pradesh, India|
|Alma mater||Illinois Institute of Technology (B.S.)|
Gokul Butail (born 17 April 1989) is a politician & strategist, currently working as Joint Secretary of Indian National Congress. .He is attached with the Data Analytics Department of Indian National Congress. . He also served as Information & Technology Advisor to the former Chief Minister of Himachal Pradesh from September, 2014 until November, 2017. He is credited for many eGovernance reforms in the state during this period including making Palampur as a WiFi city and launching various citizen centric applications. .
Gokul was born in Palampur Himachal Pradesh.He hails from politically influential and leading tea growing family of the region. Gokul is the grandson of the former Congress leader and leading Tea Planter Kunj Bihari Lal Butail and grand nephew of Brij Behari Lal Butail.
He holds a B.S. Degree in Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering from Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago, United States.
- "AICC WEBSITE". Indian National Congress. Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Cong appoints coordinators in data analytics dept". India Today. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Politician & Strategist Gokul Butail Appointed Joint Secretary". Retrieved 11 February 2019.
- "Ex-Chief Minister Advisor, Gokul Butail joined Rahul Gandhi's Team". Tribune India. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Himachal Pradesh's Palampur Becomes First Town With Free Wi-Fi Facility". NDTV. NDTV. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "Himachal launches mobile app for job-seekers". Business Standard. IANS. Retrieved 8 May 2018.
This article "Gokul Butail" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Gokul Butail. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.