Good Form (song)
|Single by Nicki Minaj|
|from the album Queen|
|Released||November 13, 2018|
|Recorded||Germano Studios, New York City & Criteria Studios, Miami FL|
"Good Form" is a song by American rapper and singer Nicki Minaj, from her fourth studio album, Queen, which was released on August 10, 2018. It was written by Minaj, Michael Williams II, and Asheton Hogan; and was produced by Mike Will Made It and Plush. "Good Form" received positive reviews from most music critics, praising the production, lyrical content and composition. The song samples “Shake That Monkey” by Too $ho.
"Good Form" charted on the Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart number six following the album release.
Background and recording[edit | edit source]
"Good Form" was written by Minaj, along with Mike WiLL Made-It, Plu$$. Production of the song was handled by Plu$$ and Mike WiLL,Aubry "Big Juice" Delaine was responsible for the song's recording, and he was assisted by Nick Valentin, Kenta Yonesaka ,Jason Staniulis. Jaycen Joshua mixed "Good Form".Chris Athens solely responsible for "Good form"s mastering.
In June before the release of the songs “Chun-Li” and “Barbie Tingz”, Minaj appeared in a commercial for Mercedes-Benz. Instrumentals from "Good Form" could be heard at one point during the advertisement.
Critical reception[edit | edit source]
"Good Form" received mixed reviews from music critics. Briana Younger of Pitchfork commented about the song: "but the highs are immaculate: The electrifying “LLC” and the twerk-ready “Good Form” showcase the rapper’s inimitable technique... Little tricks, like her play on the phonetics of “good form,” which she alternates to sound like “good for him,” are the kind of flourishes that set her apart" , Maeve Mcdermott from USA Today was positive towards the song, He stated, ""Good Form” is peak Nicki bravado – chest puffing and explicit – and a fitting counterpart to “LLC,” as a pair of tracks with the stinging lyricisms and bratty flows at which Minaj excels." Israel Daramola of Spin listed the song as being a standout track from Queen
Live performances[edit | edit source]
Charts[edit | edit source]
|US (Bubbling Under R&B/Hip-Hop Singles)||6|
|US Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (Billboard)||9|
References[edit | edit source]
- https://www.complex.com/music/2018/08/nicki-minaj-queen-album-credits. Missing or empty
- "Good Form (Original Mix) by Nicki Minaj on Beatport". Beatport. Retrieved October 31, 2018.
- McDermott, Maeve (August 13, 2018). "Nicki Minaj's 'Queen': A track-by-track review". USA Today (published August 10, 2018). Retrieved October 31, 2018.
- Danielson, Chris (April 2, 2018). "Mercedes-Benz new A-Class campaign Starring Nicki Minaj". eMercedesBenz. Retrieved October 31, 2018.
- Younger, Briana (August 14, 2018). "Nicki Minaj: Queen Album Review - Pitchfork". Pitchfork.com. Retrieved October 31, 2018.
- Daramola, Israel (August 16, 2018). "Nicki Minaj's Queen Doesn't Transcend the Controversy". Spin. Retrieved October 31, 2018.
- https://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/hip-hop/8483121/2018-mtv-emas-nicki-minaj-little-mix-good-form-performance. Missing or empty
- https://www.billboard.com/music/nicki-minaj/chart-history/bubbling-under-hot-100. Missing or empty
- https://www.billboard.com/music/nicki-minaj/chart-history/bubbling-under-r-b-hip-hop-songs. Missing or empty
[edit | edit source]
This article "Good Form (song)" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Good Form (song). Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.