Greg Scarlatoiu is the Executive Director of the Committee for Human Rights in North Korea (HRNK), noted human rights activist, and returning visiting professor at Haunkuk University of Foreign Studies. He authors a weekly radio column that is broadcast into North Korea by Radio Free Asia, has written numerous articles and reports on East Asian Affairs and Human Rights, and testified as an expert on North Korea in the United States Congress.
Scarlatoiu was born and raised in Romania under the dictatorship of Nicolae Ceaușescu, whose downfall he witnessed as a Bucharest University freshman.  He left in 1990 to accept a scholarship to study at Seoul National University, becoming the first Romanian to study in South Korea and receive a degree from a South Korean university. He then went on to acquire an MA in international relations from The Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University, and Seoul National University.. Fluent in English, Korean, French, and Romanian, he was a broadcaster for South Korean stations including KBS, SBS, MBC, Arirang TV and Hyundai Broadcasting System.
Before starting at HRNK, Scarlatoiu was the Director of Public Affairs and Business Issues for the Korea Economic Institute (KEI) in Washington DC.  Previously, he was also a Management Associate for the International Science and Technology Institute, Inc. (ISTI), where among his responsibilities, he managed projects in Armenia, Bangladesh, the Dominican Republic, Georgia, Ethiopia, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Romania, the Russian Federation, Sri Lanka, Tanzania and Zambia, and traveled to Tanzania and Zambia to deliver technical assistance under USAID projects.
- Peace, Unity and Justice for All: Problems and Prospects of Transitional Justice in a Reunified Korea. Upcoming publication. Asan Institute, 2014.
- Kangsong Taeguk and Political Succession: Problems and Prospects. International Journal of Korean Studies. Volume XVI, Number 1, 2012.
- Forgotten: North Korean Orphans and Children of Mixed Marriages in China. Paper published for the Chaillot Forum, Korea Institute of National Unification, 2012.
- Exploring Ways to Improve Human Rights in North Korea through International Cooperation. Fifth KINU-USIP Workshop, 2012.
- The Magnanimous Comrade: Kim Jong-un’s Amnesty. The Peninsula. Korea Economic Institute, 2012.
Testimony to Congress
- September 20, 2011, “Human Rights in North Korea”, House Foreign Affairs Subcommittee on Human Rights.
- March 5, 2012, “China’s Repatriation of North Korean Refugees”, Congressional-Executive Commission on China.
- March 26, 2014, “The Shocking Truth about North Korean Tyranny”, House Subcommittee on Asia and the Pacific.
- Yonhap News, http://www.yonhapnews.co.kr/bulletin/2011/10/19/0200000000AKR20111019019900071.HTML
- Donga Daily, http://news.donga.com/List/Series_70030000000685/3/70030000000685/20121228/51893021/1
- Greg Scarlatoiu Biography, United States House of Representatives, http://docs.house.gov/meetings/FA/FA05/20140326/101981/HHRG-113-FA05-Bio-ScarlatoiuG-20140326.pdf
- Radio Free Asia, http://www.rfa.org/korean/weekly_program/rfa_interview/rfainvitation-11072011103330.html
This article "Greg scarlatoiu" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.