Hammad speaking at an event of League of Architects Pakistan in Islamabad in January 2020
|Born||12 February 1970|
|🎓 Alma mater||Middle East Technical University|
Hammad Husain (born February 12, 1970) is a Pakistani architect and educator, based in Islamabad.
Upon receiving his architecture degree from METU in 1994, Hammad returned home and joined one of the leading architecture firms of the city. In 1996, he set up his own practice, Hammad Husain Architects.
President Musharraf's architect
Hammad was commissioned in 2004 by General Pervez Musharraf, the President of Pakistan and a front line US ally in the War on Terror, to design his farmhouse in Islamabad. After Mr Musharraf’s resignation as president on August 18, 2008, his farmhouse, along with his architect, came under local and international media spotlight amid speculations whether Musharraf would be able to live in his soon-to-be-completed farmhouse or leave the country. Hammad was interviewed in newspapers such as The Independent, The Australian.
Hammad has presented papers at international conferences including the UIA (International Union of Architects) Congress 2005 at Istanbul, Turkey and International Conference on Humane Habitat (ICHH) 2008 at Mumbai, India.
- "MOST POPULAR". youlinmagazine.com. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "..:: HAMMAD HUSAIN ASSOCIATES, ARCHITECTS – Jamals Yellow Pages of Pakistan ::." jamals.com. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "The Spokesman Pakistan – A confinement in a wishful paradise". thespokesman.pk. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- "The Farmhouse In Media Spotlight". archpresspk.com. Archived from the original on August 14, 2014. Retrieved September 6, 2014. Unknown parameter
- "Revealed: Musharraf's luxury retirement pad – Asia – World – The Independent". independent.co.uk. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- Bruce Loudon (August 19, 2008) Modest dream home awaits. The Australian
- Neelum Naz (2005). "Contribution of Turkish Architects to the national architecture of Pakistan: Vedat Dalokay" (PDF). Journal of Faculty of Architecture, METU. 22 (2): 71, footnote 31. Archived from the original (PDF) on February 16, 2008. Unknown parameter
- 10th International Conference of Humane Habitat, Mumbai, India. Humanehabitat.org. Retrieved on April 21, 2015.
- Hammad Husain's Interview: Youlin Magazine, Pakistan-China
- The Washington Times, USA: Musharraf eyes comfy retirement home
- The Times, UK: The dream house that Pervez Musharraf built but cannot live in
- The Independent's clarification on misreporting: Asian (con)Fusion: Is it curtains for Musharraf's curtains?
- Arkitera.com – Turkey. Pakistan’da Türkiye’den Bir Sergi Mimar Sinan’ın Anısına (Exhibition in Pakistan from Turkey: In memory of Mimar Sinan)
- Youlin Magazine, Pakistan – China: Article on Pakistani Architecture
This article "Hammad Husain" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hammad Husain. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.