Sukhpal Sukh (born 13 January 1965) is an Indian politician. He is the founder of Punjab Ekta Party. He is a former leader of the Aam Aadmi Party and was the Leader of Opposition in Punjab Assembly. He is a former member of Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee. He was a member of Punjab Legislative Assembly from Bholath in 13th Assembly (2007-2012) and now in 15th Assembly(2017-present).
He did his schooling from Bishop Cotton School, Shimla.
- 1994 - He was elected as Member Panchayat from Village Ramgarh, District Kapurthala.
- 1997 - He joined the Youth congress and was appointed as vice president of Punjab Youth Congress.
- 1999 - Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee appointed him as secretary of their organisation.
- 2005 - He was appointed president of Kapurthala district's Congress committee (2005 to 2010).
- 2006 - He became elected director of Central Cooperative Bank, Kapurthala.
- 2007 - He was elected as Member of Legislative Assembly from Bholath till 2012 under the Congress party, Kapurthala, Punjab after two failed attempts in 1997 and 2002.
- 2009 - He was appointed as Punjab Congress Spokesperson and was reappointed in 2013, (he later resigned in 2014 from the post, owning moral responsibility for the "poor performance" of the party in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls in the state).
- 2015 - on 25 December Khaira announced his resignation from Congress party and declared his unification with the Aam Aadmi Party.
- 2017 - on 11 March Sukhpal Singh Khaira won the Member of Legislative Assembly elections second time after failing in 2012 in his constituency of Bholath, however this time acting under the Aam Aadmi Party.
- 2018 - Suspended from AAP for anti party activities
- 2018 - Formed Punjab Democratic Alliance
- 2019 - on 6 January, Khaira left Aam Aadmi Party
- 2019 - On 8 January 2019, he formed a new political party, Punjab Ekta Party..
- 2019 - On 16 March 2019, Punjab Democratic Alliance announced his candidacy from Bathinda parliamentary constituency.
- 2019 - On 25 April 2019 he resigned from Punjab Legislative Assembly.
- 2019 - On 23 May 2019, he lost from the Bathinda Lok Sabha Constituency.
Sukhpal Singh Khaira admitted to meet Arvind Kejriwal in early 2015. According to media the meeting was in pretext to join AAP Punjab, but prominent leaders of AAP Punjab blocked the entry of Khaira into the Party.
Allegations were made on Khaira that he was trying to protect trans-border Heroin smuggler Gurdev Singh, he rubbished the allegations and invited the enquiry. However, in April 2018, Justice Mehtab Singh Gill Panel, constituted by Govt, declared that all 17 cases against Sukhpal Singh Khaira were falsely registered and demanded action against police officers.
- "Khaira launched punjabi ekta party". Retrieved 8 January 2019.
- "Political career". NRI Internet. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
- A Warm reception for Mr. Sukhpal Singh Khaira in Los Angeles. nriinternet.com 5 January 2011. Retrieved 11 July 2011.
- http://zeenews.india.com/news/punjab/sukhpal-khaira-becomes-punjab-cong-spokesman_842808.html Sukhpal Khaira becomes Punjab Cong spokesman
- Sukhpal Singh Khaira resigns from post of punjab congress spokesperson dnaindia.com, 18 May 2014
- Sukhpal Singh Khaira resigns from Congress party to join AAP
- Sukhpal Khaira will contest from Bathinda
- Sukhpal Khaira resigns as Bholath MLA
- "Sukhpal Singh Khaira ,PEP: Latest Updates On Sukhpal Singh Khaira, Lok Sabha Constituency Seat". NDTV. Retrieved 27 May 2019.
- AAP punjab leaders block entry of Khaira
- Sucha singh chhotepur in favour of Khaira to join AAP
- Khaira invites inquiry in drug smuggling case
- "Cases against Simranjit Mann Khaira false says-panel". Tribune India. 14 April 2018.