January 30, 1993
|Other names||The Pride of Bahrain|
|Height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Weight||135 lb (61 kg; 9 st 9 lb)|
|Fighting out of||Manama, The Kingdom of Bahrain|
|Team||KHK MMA Team |
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Search Hamza Kooheji on Amazon.
Hamza Kooheji (born January 30, 1993) is an Bahraini mixed martial artist who competes as Bantamweight in the Brave Combat Federation. He holds notable victories in Super Fight League, Desert Force and Brave Combat Federation. Hamza is ranked as the #5 fighter in the Middle East according to Tapology. Hamza Kooheji is the first Bahraini Mixed Martial Artist and the only fighter as of 5 November, 2017 active in the professional division
Born and raised in Bahrain, Hamza trained martial arts at a young age. He was influenced by his brother Yousif al Kooheji. He was trained by a series of coaches including Eldar Eldarov, UFC Hall of Famer, Pete Williams and Mohammed "The Hawk" Shahid. Kooheji started his Mixed Martial Art career back in 2011 at the age of 19 under the tutelage of Coach Mohamed Shahid.
Mixed martial arts career
Hamza entered his first mixed martial arts fight at the Super Fight League against Swapnil Barve in SFL 7, India. Trained in Bahrain MMA Kooheji used his wrestling skills to takedown Swapnil and won the fight in the second round by way of Guillotine Choke. Hamza is a part of Bahrain MMA and KHK MMA Fight team. He later joined Desert Force and fought three fights in the promotion. He fought against Abdulmalek Al Mardhi at Desert Force 11 at Bahrain, which he won by decision. This was followed by Ghaleb Al Harahsheh at Desert Force 17 at Jordan which he won by TKO at the second round. His final fight at Desert Force for the interim featherweight title against Izzeddine Al Derbani was the main event of the night and witnessed the first loss of Hamza Kooheji in his professional career.
Brave Combat Federation
Hamza signed with the Bahrain based mixed martial arts promotion and debuted in the pilot edition of Brave in Bahrain. He fought against Mohamed Mashaly at Brave: The Beginning which he won by submission at the second round. At Brave 2: Dynasty, Hamza won against Jeremy Pacatiw by decision. Hamza will face Mohammed Farhad from India at the ninth edition of the promotion which is set to take place in Bahrain.
KHK MMA Fight Team
Hamza Kooheji is a part of the KHK MMA Fight Team found by Sheikh Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa. KHK MMA is a Bahrain-based stable of international and Bahraini fighters financially backed by team founder Khalid bin Hamad Al Khalifa, First Deputy President of the Supreme Council for Youth and Sports in the Kingdom of Bahrain.
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|6 matches||5 wins||1 loss|
|Win||4–1–0||Jeremy Pacatiw||Decision (unanimous)||Brave CF 2: Dynasty||December 2, 2017||3||5:00||Khalifa Sports City, Bahrain|
|Win||3–1–0||Mohamed Mashaly||Decision (unanimous)||Brave CF 1: The Beginning||September 23, 2016||2||3:01||Khalifa Sports City, Bahrain|
|Loss||2–1–0||Izzeddine Al Derbani||KO||Desert Force 21||March 14, 2016||1||0:24||Amman, Jordan|
|Win||2–0–0||Ghaleb Al Harahsheh||KO (punch)||Desert Force 17: Homecoming||March 7, 2014||2||5:00||Amman, Jordan|
|Win||1-0-0||Abdulmalek Al Mardhi||Decision (unanimous)||Desert Force 11: Bahrain||March 7, 2014||3||5:00||Khalifa Sports City, Bahrain|
|Win||0-0-0||Swapnil Barve||Submission (Guillotine choke)||Super Fight League 7||November 2, 2012||2||0:26||Delhi, India|
Other articles of the topic MMA : Martin Nguyen, Carson Beebe, Mike Jackson (fighter), Komal Rao, Tim Williams (fighter), PunchOutPower, Ryan D Mooney American Muay Thai, Mix Martial Artist
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
- List of male mixed martial artists
- "KHK MMA Team - MMA Gym Page". Tapology.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Sami Al Haddad express support to Hamza Kooheji - PowerUp Magazine". Powerup-mag.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Hamza AlKooheji - MMA Fighter Page". Tapology.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Hamza Kooheji is confirmed in Brave "The Beginning" Card - Bahrain This Week". Bahrainthisweek.com. 8 September 2016. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Bahrain News Agency - Excitement builds up as MMA fights date draws closer". Bna.bh. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Bahraini Hamza Kooheji VS Swapnil Barve in SFL 7, India - ArabsMMA". Arabsmma.com. 14 February 2014. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Super Fight League 7 GIF round up". Bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Other Sports: Kada falls to Mansour in Desert Force clash". Gdnonline.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Bahrain News Agency - Khalid bin Hamad congratulates leadership on Desert Force Championship". Bna.bh. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Best middle-eastern MMA fighters set to take centre stage". Sport360.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Hamza Kooheji vs. Jeremy Pacatiw slated for Brave 2 "Dynasty"". Powerup-mag.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Hamza Kooheji returns to Brave 9". News Of Bahrain. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Kooheji Very Excited about IMMAF 2017 announcement - PowerUp Magazine". Powerup-mag.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "KHK founder talks Bahraini Prince involvement in MMA". Bloodyelbow.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- Professional MMA record for Hamza Kooheji from Sherdog
This article "Hamza Kooheji" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.