Hamza Sufyan is an Indian politician and activist based in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh. He was Vice President of Aligarh Muslim University Students' Union. He is known for his activism for human rights. and protesting against Citizenship (Amendment) Act, 2019 and National Register of Citizens in Aligarh. In 2019, Sufyan was booked under sedition charges. According to outlookindia.com, 14 students had a noisy disturbance with Republic TV crew on an ongoing meeting. AMU authority and Republic TV both lodged complaints at the Civil Lines Police Station. Later, sedition charges were dropped for Hamza Sufyan. Hamza has been detained by Indian Police many times till now. He was also arrested and sent to jail in judicial custody for 52 days in various cases. District Administration of Aligarh also seized his surety bail bonds and invoked Goonda Act which results in losing 2 lakhs rupees and externment from City for 6 months respectively.
- Nov 5, TNN /; 2018; Ist, 14:01. "AMUSU, WCSU elections results declared | Agra News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2021-06-10.
- "AMUSU, WCSU elections results declared | Agra News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- "List of The Executive Members of Amu Students Union 2018-19 - AMU Students Union | AMU". Aligarh Muslim University. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- "JNU violence: AMU students hold vigil, demand immediate arrest". The Indian Express. 2020-01-06. Retrieved 2021-06-10.
- Desk, India TV News (November 19, 2019). "BHU's Muslim professor in Sanskrit gets AMU support". www.indiatvnews.com.
- "'Make temple on AMU campus or…': BJP youth wing leader writes to Vice Chancellor". Hindustan Times. 2019-02-08. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- "At AMU, students stage protest against CAB, NRC". The Indian Express. 2019-12-11. Retrieved 2021-06-12.
- "AMU students march against police action on anti-CAA protesters in Kanpur". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- "14 AMU Students Booked for Sedition After Fracas With Republic TV Crew". Outlook India. Unknown parameter
- "AMU tense after detentions". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 2019-08-03. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2021-06-10.
- MuslimMirror (2019-02-15). "Student organisations express solidarity with AMU, demand revocation of sedition charge". Muslim Mirror. Retrieved 2021-06-02.
- "RAF deployed at AMU after unrest in campus; 4 students held | Agra News - Times of India". The Times of India.
- India, Press Trust of (2019-08-01). "4 AMU students arrested after ruckus". Business Standard India. Retrieved 2021-06-13.
- "Police move to invoke Goonda Act against six AMU students". January 13, 2020.
- Feb 9, Anuja Jaiswal / TNN /; 2020; Ist, 23:14. "Aligarh administration to seize surety bonds of AMU students for involvement in December 15 violence | Agra News - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2021-06-02.
This article "Hamza Sufyan" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hamza Sufyan. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.