|Original author(s)||Novosoft, LLC|
7.20 / December 25, 2018
|Operating system||Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008 or later, Windows Home Server 2011, Ubuntu 14.04 or Ubuntu 16.04|
|Platform||IA-32 and x86-64|
|Available in||English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Russian, Korean, Chinese, Brasilian, Sweden, Dutch and other|
|Type||Data protection and backup software|
Search Handy Backup on Amazon.
Handy Backup is the program for data backup, recovery and synchronization, created by Novosoft, LLC. The program supports standalone and network operations, depending from an edition.
Handy Backup is positioned by its developers as "commercial backup software primarily designed for the needs of small business, SoHo and individual users".
History and versions
- January, 2002: Handy Backup 3.0
In 2007, the PCMag criticized Handy Backup 3.9 for its “mediocrity” and inconvenience.
- August, 2003: Handy Backup 4.0 — introduces new plug-ins for ICQ, Registry and MS Outlook
- July, 2004: Handy Backup 4.5 — updating some crucial plug-ins
- Early 2005 — a "DVD edition" 4.6 is available, with same functions and plug-ins as before
- November, 2005: The big maintenance update for Handy Backup 4.6 (including 64-bit internal ZIP compression)
- February, 2006 — introducing Handy Backup 5 and its own online backup storage
- January, 2008: The last version of Handy Backup 5
- March, 2008: Stable edition of Handy Backup 6 introduces FTPS, SFTP, Outlook Express, Lotus Notes and generic Database backup plug-ins
- April, 2009: Handy Backup 6.2 has dedicated server plug-ins for MS SQL Server, IBM DB2 and Oracle.
From the version 6, this software divides to different editions: for home users, for advanced (professional) users and for network operations. Novosoft firstly gives the specific names for these editions (Standard, Professional and Server).
- November, 2011: The current Handy Backup 7 enters service, with many dedicated plug-ins for SQL databases, virtual machines and cloud storage services.
Now the actual main version is Handy Backup 7, and Novosoft also supports a previous version, Handy Backup 6.
Standalone editions are designed for using for one machine.
- Small Server (now called Small Business)
Network editions are designed for centralized network operations.
- Server Network
This is also a free edition called Free for Cloud, which supports only clouds as backup storage.
The key concept of the program architecture is a task, a complete set of instructions to make particular backup, recovery or synchronization job 
This utility has a GUI to create and control tasks.
For accessing different data types and storage methods, the program utilizes plug-ins. These plug-ins are the parts of the program, not standalone utilities. The two groups of plug-ins are data sources and storage plug-ins. The program can back up and restore data with any plug-in, but can use only storage plug-ins to keep backups or to synchronize content.
- Fen Montaigne. "Russia Rising". National Geographic.
- Jonathan Roubini. "Handy Backup 3.9 - Review 2007". PCMag.com.
- Kyle. "Handy Backup Review". PCauthorities.com.
- "25 Best Small Business Apps for 2012". PCMag.com.
- Jon L. Jacobi (2013-02-19). "Review: Handy Backup is plain, powerful and easy to use". PCworld.com.
This article "Handy Backup" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Handy Backup. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.