|Darab Zsuzsa HW MVM kocka 002.jpg|
Hello Wood's Fluid Cube in front of Semmelweis University EOK campus. Photo by Zsuzsa Darab.
|Industry||Modern Architecture, Wooden Architecture, Temporary Installations|
|Founded 📆||2010 in Budapest, Hungary|
|Headquarters 🏙️||Budapest, Hungary|
Area served 🗺️
|András Huszár, Péter Pozsár, Dávid Ráday, Krisztián Tóth|
Number of employees
Hello Wood is a Budapest-based company that designs and builds custom-made, temporary, and site-specific public installations mainly made from wood. Founded by András Huszár, Péter Pozsár and Dávid Ráday, Hello Wood began as an art camp in 2010. Its scope expanded such that it also serves as an architecture and design studio. In 2019 they welcomed a new owner to their team, creative expert, Krisztián Tóth.
As a design studio, Hello Wood uses wood and other organic materials to design and build installations and buildings of various sizes. Along with a few other Hungarian companies, they specialize in contemporary wooden architecture. The company has completed or participated in projects in several countries.
As an educational platform, Hello Wood organizes several activities: the Hello Wood International Summer School and Festival for Architecture for international architecture and design students, the Építész Mustra with the participation of every Hungarian architecture university; Hello Wood Argentina, the Argentinian summer school for architecture for university students; Technika #1, their hometown's, Budapest's first open DIY wood workshop, specializing in DIY woodworking workshops; and Hello Wood Junior, children's design program.
In 2010, architects András Huszár, Péter Pozsár and designer Dávid Ráday founded Hello Wood and organized the first Hungarian Wood Festival. They launched their own architecture studio in 2013, opened their open DIY wood workshop Technika #1 in 2015, spread their international summer school to Argentina in 2017, and merged with children's design program, DEMO in 2018 which became Hello Wood Junior. In 2019, creative expert[vague] Krisztián Tóth joined them as a new co-owner of the company.
Summer school & festival for architecture
Hello Wood has organized ten international summer schools for architecture. In 2015, they received an Architizer A+ award in the category "Architecture + Learning" for their international summer school and festival for architecture. The 2019 international summer school, the Carnival, took place in Csóromfölde, where they celebrated their 10th camp.
Since 2013, Hello Wood has organized the Hungarian Summer School and Festival for Architecture, which have found their way into the curricula of Hungarian universities with architecture programs. The first four camps took place near Lake Balaton, before moving to Tokaj wine region in 2017.
In 2017 Argentina organized its first Hello Wood camp, following the Hungarian model. The Argentinian camp's main organizers are industrial designer Bea Palacio, architects Mercedes Palacio, Jerónimo Fanelli and communications expert Marcos Llerena.
Technika #1 is the first open DIY wood workshop in Budapest, available for university students, carpenters and enthusiastic beginners. Founded in 2015 by Hello Wood and the Politechnical Secondary School, they have organized over 190 events. In 2018 the workshop moved to Zichy Castlewhere they continue to organize events for local wood lovers.
Awards & nominations
- Architizer A+ Award in Architecture + Learning - Jury and popular choice winners (for Hello Wood International Summer School & Festival for Architecture) - 2015
- Highlights of Hungary Nominee (for Technika #1, Budapest's first open DIY wood workshop) - 2015
- Design Management Award - Winner, Hello Wood Ltd. - 2015
- Bence-hegy lookout tower design competition, 1st place for Spiral Tower - 2015
- iF Design Award in Product Category (for Teqball Smart) - 2018
- Hungarian Design Award in Product Category (for Teqball Smart) - 2019
- A' Design Award Platinum in Street Furniture Design Category for Smart Public Furniture for MVM Group - 2020
- A' Design Award Silver in Cultural Heritage and Culture Industry Design Category for Art Shield - 2020
- Hello Wood 1-5: architectural exercises - 2015
- Builders: Socially Engaged Architecture from Hungary - 2016
- Children of the Wood - 2018
Exhibitions, conferences and events
- Presentation by Benedetta Tagliabue - 2014
- Project Village (conference & workshop) - 2015
- Think Global, Build Social! (exhibition) - 2016
- Urban Recycling (conference & workshop) - 2017
- Hello Wood Summer Schools and Festivals (exhibition) - 2018
- Interactivator (exhibition and workshop at Műcsarnok Kunsthalle) - 2019
- 3 años, 30 proyectos (exhibition by Hello Wood Argentina at MARQ ) - 2019
- More than 190 DIY workshops (Technika #1)
- More than 580 children's design workshops and summer camps (DEMO Wood)
- "About". HELLO WOOD. December 22, 2017.
- "Hello Wood Argentina".
- "What is Technika". Technika #1.
- "Mi a Demo Wood?". Demo Wood.
- "first hungarian wood festival". designboom | architecture & design magazine. September 6, 2010.
- "Hello Wood Festival | About". hellowoodfestival.
- "Students Construct Timber Structures in the Argentinian Countryside at Hello Wood Argentina". ArchDaily. May 12, 2017.
- "Architizer A+Awards".
- "Highlights of Hungary". Highlights of Hungary.
- "Winner of the Design Management Award 2015". Hungarian Intellectual Property Office. September 23, 2015.
- "Átadták a 2015-ös Magyar Formatervezési és Design Management Díjat". www.epiteszforum.hu.
- "Kihirdették a Bence-hegyi kilátó ötletpályázatának nyerteseit". www.epiteszforum.hu.
- "Bence-hegyi kilátó ötletpályázat - a Hello Wood nyertes terve". www.epiteszforum.hu.
- "Teqball". Teqball.
- "- Szellemi Tulajdon Nemzeti Hivatala". Szellemi Tulajdon Nemzeti Hivatala (in magyar). Retrieved 2020-07-04.
- "A' Design Awards & Competition – The Winners". April 28, 2020.
- Studios, OMC Design. "Art Shield Statue Conservation Pavilion by Hello Wood". competition.adesignaward.com.
- "Hello Wood 1-5 - book". HELLO WOOD. June 20, 2019.
- "Builders - book". HELLO WOOD. May 23, 2019.
- "Children of the Wood - book". HELLO WOOD. May 22, 2019.
- Kamara (MÉK), Magyar Építész (October 6, 2014). "Benedetta Tagliabue (MIRALLES-TAGLIABUE EMBT / Barcelona) előadása". Magyar Építész Kamara weboldala.
- "Project Village Conference & Workshop". HELLO WOOD. June 24, 2019.
- "Think Global, Build Social!". www.epiteszforum.hu.
- Dávid, Zubreczki (April 24, 2017). "Pompás köztéri infrastruktúra épülhet Budapesten". index.hu.
- "Hello Wood summer festivals' exhibition 2018". HELLO WOOD. June 25, 2019.
- "A kortárs magyar építészet legjava a Műcsarnok kiállításán – az elmúlt 5 év tervei, épületei és projektjei". welovebudapest.com.
- "Múzeumok Éjszakája | Interaktivátor–Látványüzem. Workshop. Hello Wood :: Műcsarnok". mucsarnok.hu.
- "Agenda Living. Muestras de diseño, arte y compras para no perderse en noviembre". www.lanacion.com.ar. November 1, 2019.
- "Hello Wood en el MARQ. — TACADI". tacadi.com.
This article "Hello Wood" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hello Wood. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.