May 9, 1876
|January 25, 1956January 25, 1956|
|🏫 Education||Ecole des Beaux-Arts|
💵 Salary :
Search Henri Vincent-Anglade on Amazon.
Henri Vincent-Anglade (1876-1956) was a French portrait painter and advertising illustrator. He was published in major magazines of the time. He participated in the 1st exhibition of the City in 1933, and exhibited each year at the Paris Horse Show as well as at the Salons.
Anglade was born on May 9, 1876 in Bordeaux, France, the son of Charles Vincent. He added his mother’s surname, Anglade, to his father’s to distinguish himself from his brother, the poster designer René Vincent. Vincent-Anglade was a pupil of Gustave Moreau, Fernand Corom and Francois Flameng at the Ecole des Beaux-Arts in Paris, and also Amable Pinta.
He exhibited in Paris and regularly appeared at the usual exhibitions, especially the Salon des Artistes Français, where he was awarded a distinction in 1903. A year later, one of his nude studies was thought to be "slightly violent and acerbic". The French journal La Revue described him in 1915 as "one of our best artists of the pencil".
Early in his career, Vincent-Anglade became a fashionable portrait painter, mainly of intimate paintings of women. He was a regular at greyhound and horse races and was an enthusiast of big game hunting. He was also valued as an animal painter.
- René Vincent
- Benezit Dictionary of Artists
- "Vincent-Anglade, Henri". Benezit Dictionary of Artists. doi:10.1093/benz/9780199773787.article.b00191437. Retrieved 2020-07-13.
- Dedoinville, Georges (1904). "Les Salons de 1903". Sensations d'art : 5e série. Paris: Dujarric. p. 155 – via archive.org. Search this book on
- "Nos primes pour 1915". La Revue. CXIII: 380. 1–15 November 1915 – via hathitrust.org.CS1 maint: Date format (link)
- "Paris Letter". American Art News. VIII, No. 3: 5. 30 October 1909 [20 October 1909] – via archive.org.
- "Henri Vincent-Anglade Gravestone". www.gravestonephotos.com. Gravestone Photographic Resource. Retrieved 2020-07-15.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to [[commons:Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|Lua error in Module:WikidataIB at line 466: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).]].|
Other articles of the topics Biography AND Visual arts : Noor Al Suwaidi, Patricia Ford Crass, Alexis Marcou, List of Czech artists by date
Other articles of the topic Biography : 5th AVN Awards, Ryan Avery (comedian), John A. Kilpatrick, Gary M. Polland, Rachel-Lee Anderson, Johnny Washbrook, Dom Deluise
Other articles of the topic Visual arts : Noor Al Suwaidi, Graffiti, List of Czech artists by date, Statue of Christopher Columbus (Norwalk, Connecticut), Oekaki, Statue of Christopher Columbus (New Haven, Connecticut), Graphic design
Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".Some use of "" in your query was not closed by a matching "".
This article "Henri Vincent-Anglade" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Henri Vincent-Anglade. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.