|File:Hero Concept Company Logo.png|
|Founded 📆||June 2017|
Area served 🗺️
Turgut H. Özdemir
|Products 📟||Doughlings: Arcade|
Number of employees
|🌐 Website||Hero Concept Website|
Hero Concept is an independent Turkish video game developer located in İstanbul, Turkey, founded in 2017. So far the studio has released two arcade remakes, both of which take place within the Doughlings franchise. The headquarters are located in the Erenköy neighborhood on the Asian side of the city. The studio is currently developing its third game, a side-scrolling beat ‘em up that takes place in the Mayhem Chronicles universe, which, along with the Doughlings IP are creations of the studio's creative director Serkan Özay.
Hero Concept was the first and still is the only Turkish video game company developing games on the Nintendo Switch platform.
Hero Concept was founded by designer Serkan Özay, a Peak Games alum, and programmer Turgut Hakkı Özdemir, a 20+ year veteran of the industry, with an angel investment from serial entrepreneur Arif Obdan. The studio's first release was the brickbreaker/Arkanoid remake Doughlings: Arcade and it was released on Steam, Switch, and XBox One in the summer of 2018 followed by the PS4 release in May 2019. The game was an innovative take on the traditions of the brickbreaker genre and included a level editor where users could create their own stages and upload them for others to play across different consoles.
On February 5, 2019 Hero Concept received further seed funding from Tunç Yalgın, an early investor to Gram Games, and Sinan Tahan, corporate lawyer and former board member of STFA Group. The studio released its second game Doughlings: Invasion, a space invaders remake, on XBox One on July 10. The PC and the PS4 versions are coming out on August 1, 2019 and the Switch version on August 8, 2019. Concurrent with the release of Doughlings: Invasion, Hero Concept is also releasing Doughlings Bundle on every platform where gamers are able to buy both games together at a discounted price.
Shortly before the release of Doughlings: Invasion Paris Obdan, who had been an advisor since the early days, contributed further funding and came on board as an executive, bringing with him serial entrepreneur Eren Merzeci of Nişfud as an advisor and a board member. The studio is currently working on its third game Mayhem Chronicles, a side-scrolling beat 'em up with fighting game mechanics and comic book style visuals.
In the media
On May 8, 2018 LeveL, the longest running video gaming magazine in Turkey, published an interview with Hero Concept's creative director Serkan Özay on their web platform LEVEL Online.
- "Hero Concept Crunchbase Company Profile".
- "Hero Concept Announces Doughlings: Invasion". Tweaktown. Mar 13, 2019.
- "Gama Sutra: Doughlings: Arcade Better Late Than Never!". Gama Sutra. October 16, 2018.
- Bush, John (September 13, 2018). "The Switch Effect Doughlings: Arcade Review". The Switch Effect.
- Craddock, Ryan (September 7, 2018). "Doughlings: Arcade Will Break Out The Highscores On Switch Next Week". Nintendo Life.
- "Xbox One version of Doughlings: Arcade Released". XBox Addict. August 6, 2018.
- Rainier, Rainier (April 30, 2019). "'Doughlings: Arcade' (ALL) Comes To PS4 Next Month". Worth Playing.
- Seedhouse, Alex (March 14, 2019). "Doughlings: Invasion Shoots Down Space Invaders On Nintendo Switch This Spring". Nintendo Insider.
- Iggy, Iggy (March 21, 2019). "Doughlings: Invasion Coming To Switch This Spring". Nintendo Soup.
- Concept, Hero (July 10, 2019). "Doughlings Bundle". Microsoft.
- "Hero Concept ile yeni oyunları Doughlings Arcade üzerine konuştuk…". LEVEL Online. May 8, 2018.
This article "Hero Concept" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Hero Concept. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.