Home From The Sea
|Home From The Sea|
|Directed by||Yoji Yamada|
|Screenplay by||Yoji Yamada |
|Starring||Hisashi Igawa |
Home from the Sea (故郷 Furusato) is a 1972 Japanese drama film co-written and directed by Yoji Yamada. Set in a small island in the Seto Inland Sea, the film follows the struggles of Seichi and Minko, a couple making a living by transporting rocks by boat and dumping them in construction sites.
Cast[edit | edit source]
- Hisashi Igawa as Seiichi Ishizaki
- Chieko Baisho as Tamiko Ishizaki
- Chishū Ryū as Senzô Ishizaki
- Gin Maeda
- Mayumi Ito
- Kiyoshi Atsumi
Awards[edit | edit source]
- 1973 Kinema Junpo Award - Best Actor to Hisashi Igawa
References[edit | edit source]
- Alexander Jacoby (10 February 2013). A Critical Handbook of Japanese Film Directors: From the Silent Era to the Present Day. Stone Bridge Press. pp. 2011–. ISBN 978-1-61172-531-5.
Home From The Sea (Kokyô, 1972) was a drama about life in the island communities of the Inland Sea; Yamada focused with subtle poignancy on the problems of poverty, depopulation, and unemployment.
- "Home from the sea". Shochiku production company. Retrieved 2019-03-17.
[edit | edit source]
This article "Home From The Sea" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Home From The Sea. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.