|Industry||Smart luggage and travel accessories production|
|Founded 📆||April 2015|
|Founder 👔||Stefan Holwe & Jan Roosen|
|Headquarters 🏙️||, |
Area served 🗺️
Number of employees
Horizn Studios was founded in April 2015 by Stefan Holwe and Jan Roosen in Berlin with operating centers in United Kingdom, and Asia. The company started with an online only distribution model and opened flagship stores in Berlin (2015) and London (2018). In 2019, the company entered into retail partnerships with premium department stores, including Harrods and KaDeWe.
In 2016, Horizn Studios launched its first cabin luggage with an integrated/removable power bank for mobile devices. It also launched its second generation of luggage series in 2018. This one included a cabin model without the front pocket and a larger check-in model.
The company launched optional GPS tracking as an add-on service in 2017. In the following year, Horizn introduced Blue Vega, a vegan product line, and as of 2020, their entire production is leather free and fully vegan.
In 2019, Horizn Studios launched the world’s first luggage with a personal travel assistant. Later in that year, Horizn Studios partnered with the world’s youngest astronaut-in-training, Alyssa Carson to develop luggage for space travel.
The company introduced Horizn ID in January 2020, a luggage carrier with customization features.
Horizn Studios has collaborated with several notable companies and individuals. The company partnered with Seth Troxler back in 2017 to develop the Pro Model ST DJ. It also partnered up with Design Hotels to create a limited-edition cabin model for the Design Hotels Community.
In collaboration with Emeka Ogboh, Horizn Studios launched a special Lagos inspired edition in 2019.
In December 2018, Horizn raised 10 million Euros in Series B funding from multiple investors, including Milano Investment Partners, Project A Ventures, Vorwerk Ventures, Perpetual Investments, Tarsadia Investments, and Astutia Ventures.
Horizn Studios established a programme known as "Horizn Art Programme" which supports emerging artists from all over the world by giving them grants through its biennial awards event. Minia Biabiany, the Guadeloupian artist became the first artist to win the award in 2018.
- Hallensleben, Constanze (12 June 2017). "Horizn Studios Travel Smart with Smart Luggage". Creme Guides Magazine. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- Anna Psalti, Sarah (14 April 2016). "Horizn Studios: When great style meets practicality and smarts". nbhap.com. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "When it comes to 'smart travel', Horizn Studios have got it in the bag". Lifestyle Asia Hong Kong. 2019-11-14. Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- Foley, Gregk (11 January 2019). "How Horizn Studios' Smart Luxury Luggage Is Disrupting Travel". highsnobiety.com. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Horizn Studios launches a new collaboration with Arvida Byström and Seth Troxler". sleek-mag.com. 13 August 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Start-up der Woche: Dieses Start-up will das Nike des Reisens werden" (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-03-02. Unknown parameter
- "Horizn Studios | Harrods.com". www.harrods.com. Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- "The Battle of the Smart Suitcases: Away vs Horizn Studios". urbanpixxels.com. 26 July 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Horizn Studios introduces Horizn Go, a 24/7 on-demand concierge service for the Urban Nomad". digitalnewsroom.media. 30 August 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Review: Horizn Studios Cabin Trolley Model H". reisetopia (in Deutsch). 2017-08-11. Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- "Horizn Studios: Die rasante Erfolgsgeschichte eines Nerd-Koffers | Seite 2 | t3n – digital pioneers". t3n Magazin (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- "Horizn Studios Introduces New Product Line". vegconomist - the vegan business magazine. 2018-11-29. Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- "Wir haben vor, Horizn Studios 30 Jahre oder länger zu machen". Gründerszene Magazin (in Deutsch). 2019-09-18. Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- Russell, Kate (24 June 2019). "The high-tech gadgets to improve your luggage". nationalgeographic.co.uk. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Ein Koffer unter Strom". www.tagesspiegel.de (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- "The 10 most desirable start-ups to work for in Germany, according to LinkedIn". cnbc.com. 20 September 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- Bloom, Laura Begley (13 June 2019). "Meet The World's Youngest Astronaut In Training: Designer Of The First-Ever Space Luggage". forbes.com. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "The top 40 Valentine's Day gifts for 2020". Metro. 2020-02-07. Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- Pearl, Max (21 March 2017). "Seth Troxler and Horizn Studios unveil high-end DJ luggage". residentadvisor.net. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Seth Troxler & Horizn Studios Collaborate on New DJ Luggage". xlr8r.com. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Traveling Smart Horizn Studios x Design Hotels™ Cabin Trolley". designhotels.com. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Horizn Studios Introduces New Product Line". vegconomist.com. 29 November 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Soho House x Horizn Studios Launch Limited Luggage Edition". digitalnewsroom.media. 27 November 2018. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- So, Daniel (26 March 2019). "Horizn Studios & Beats by Dr. Dre Team Up With Nigerian Artist Emeka Ogboh". highsnobiety.com. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
- "Horizn Studios: Neue Finanzierungsrunde". Astutia (in Deutsch). 2019-01-07. Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- "Gründer Stefan Holwe : Wie das Start-up Horizn aus Koffern rollende Reiseassistenten macht". www.handelsblatt.com (in Deutsch). Retrieved 2020-03-02.
- "Minia Biabiany is the inaugural winner of the Horizn Biennial Award". sleek-mag.com. Retrieved 23 September 2019.
This article "Horizn Studios" is from Wikipedia. The list of its authors can be seen in its historical and/or the page Edithistory:Horizn Studios. Articles copied from Draft Namespace on Wikipedia could be seen on the Draft Namespace of Wikipedia and not main one.